“Very Good!”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 855 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Saw this on Tripadvisor and made it a must. Great service, great food. I had the Fried Chicken, my husband had grilled Pork Loin. But the stand out f the show was the Mashed Potatoes with a reduction sauce. The reduction sauce was a request since they have no gravy, it was the highlight of my meal! I would go back just for that. We ended with Carrot Cake and it was awesome! We will definitely be back when we're in Chattanooga.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This would have earned a "five" rating if I thought it had broader appeal. For instance, my wife found the Caesar Salad kind of funky and after talking with the owner I think she wasn't used to getting anchovy in "Caesar" salads from most places. She didn't like the seared Vidalia onions because they left strings in her teeth. So decide if those sorts of things bother you, or if you like some adventurous flavors, because this place has adventurous flavors. Also pimento cheese, fried pickles, and fried chicken. Everything we wanted for two came to $66. I would go again if we lived here.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. Fried chicken, beets with goat cheese, creamy grits, and homemade cheddar muffin. It hit the spot. All for only $8.50 - worth every penny.

1  Thank Suetooyoo
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Food was superb, surreal, and homemade. Not your normal menu but if your mind could elaborate to your stomach and a menu of food would come out this is the Resturant to visit. Top notch on service and quality of food. They did not stereotype my wife and I and everything was worth every penny.

1  Thank Weemanisme
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is nearly the perfect restaurant. The ambiance is fresh and inviting. The farm to table food is stellar. The wait staff is unbelieveably knowledgeable and articulate about the entire menu. The bar is creative and the mixed drinks are flavorful without being over the top. We started with the chesse selection which was wonderful with a surprising set of companions (fig spread; roasted peanuts, etc). I had the fried chicken with kale as a side - delicious and my wife had the trout with brussels sprouts and grits - also amazing. I chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews and perusal of thier homepage and I was not disappointed. In fact after the meal my wife and I discussed the fact that the meal was more memorable than any we had on our honeymoon to Napa and Sonoma. Finally I have to say the value was superb for the amount and quality of food presented.

1  Thank A C R