“Special. Treatment.”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 835 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Lowell, Vermont
“Special. Treatment.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

On a Friday night we came into town (we're visiting from Vermont). Checked Trip Advisor. Chose Public House based on menu, reviews, walkability. Made reservation for 6.30p through TripAdvisor/OpenTable. Smart move. Special Treatment started with Excellent service by Matt. Cheese plate with fig spread, roasted pecans, sliced grapes, grilled sourdough to start. The pork tenderloin & fried chicken were real tasty. Amazing grits, macaroni & cheese, kale salad. While we ate dinner in the airy smart dining room, we enjoyed dessert and coffee in the darker, warmer brick walled bar. The dark chocolate cheesecake must be shared it is so fabulously rich. Excellent locally roasted French roast coffee. Then enjoy a long walk downtown and free bus ride around town. Walk some more. The portions are generous. Indulge. Enjoy. Special treatment.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Tamarack5153

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The food was delicious; we had the salmon, pot roast (just like homemade) and scallop entrees; all were great and priced reasonably. Our Server, Alex was very attentive and very personable. We were even paid a visit by Lou the Manager; he really seemed interested in what we thought of the restaurant. Public House is not fancy, but nice. Noise level can be a bit on the high side; depending on who you are sitting near.

Austin, Texas
“Yeah, I'd go again”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had a crab cake and a salad, my companion went with the fried chicken, and it was all pretty good. Not memorable, but quite good. How this compares to other places in CHA? I have no idea. We sat outside, waiter was clearly an English major who reveled in metaphors and it was not overpriced, though $10 for one pretty good not fabulous crab cake might be a tad high. No complaints.

Ooltewah, TN
“Public House a winner”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had been wanting to visit Public House for some time now. Luckily, I finally had the opportunity to experience this fine restaurant. We arrived around 5:30pm on a Saturday evening. I'm glad we had reservations as the only seating available was outside on the patio. This would be a lovely option during the spring or fall, but a little sticky for August.

The service was very friendly and helpful. They were happy to answer any question we had. After making our selections, the food arrived in a timely manner. The food is southern but with a classy twist. My girlfriend had the swordfish sandwich with a side order of squash casserole. She loved both of them. I'm not a huge squash casserole fan, but theirs was pretty darn good. The fish was also very tasty. I had pork tenderloin with grits and a side of garlic green beans. I enjoyed the tenderloin but the grits totally made the dish. I could eat a plate of those grits right now! The thin, crispy, garlicly, beans were also a winner.

I would not hesitate to return to Public House. In fact, it may have become one of my favorite restaurants in town.

Evans, Georgia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I dined at Public House during a getaway weekend to Chattanooga. The food, setting and service were all wonderful. We had reservations and were seated immediately on a busy Friday evening. Put this place on your Chattanooga list.

• Visited July 2013