“Couldn't have had more fun if we tried!”
Review of Chattanooga Ducks

Chattanooga Ducks
Book In Advance
More Info
$24.00*
and up
1-Hour Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Did you know The designation of DUKW is not a military pun - the name comes from the terminology used for military vehicles in World War II; the D indicates a vehicle designed in 1942, the U meant "utility (amphibious)", the K indicated all-wheel drive and the W indicated two powered rear axles. Although technically a misnomer, DUKWs are often referred to as duck boats. Another popular nickname was old magoo or simply magoo. Though the origin of this term is unknown, it probably refers to the odd shape of the vehicle. DUKWs became known as ''Ducks'' and are still in use, as well as purpose-built amphibious tour buses, primarily as tourist transport in harbor and river cities.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was a great trip from start to finish. The look on my grandsons face when we plunged into the water was priceless! Our captain told story after story of the sights along the river. So much interesting information I would have never known had it not been for him. He let the kids steer the boat and the smiles were priceless! They all felt so proud! I used a Groupon deal so the price for me was great, but it would have been worth the entire price without it. The only problem with that though was that that would have put us out of our comfortable price range in total cost and then we may have missed the very best part of Chattanooga! I wish there was a way to secure a reservation for out if town people before the day if event though. Although you can call that morning, we didn't get an answer, so it necessitated us driving there to see if there was even an available spot for us to use our Groupon. Luckily there was, but I can see this might prove to be a problem for out of towers with tickets they might not be able to use. PS the duck quacking necklaces are adorable!

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"fun experience"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2014

First - GET THE GROUPON BEFORE YOU COME HERE - adult tickets $11/each and kids $5/each!

The trip was fantastic. My husband and I had ridden on Ducks before (in Branson, MO), my it was a first for our kids ages 6 and 9. The highlight for them was being able to drive for a good 5 minutes! Our guide was great, funny and had a lot of knowledge of the area - in fact, we went walking on the Walnut Bridge to Coolidge Park when we finished because of his talk! Good family fun, about an hour ride.

1  Thank SlyC830
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This trip was an absolute blast! Ask for Captain Barry, the guy was a riot and made the trip so much fun. He was very knowledgeable about local history and made it fun to listen to.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This attraction combines fun with a lot of historical facts being told by the driver. It was very hot the day we went but once we got on the water, the breeze was nice. The cool part is that you stay on this same vehicle for the land and water tour! Our guide was friendly, patient, informative, and had a great sense of humor. It was a great ride!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've done the Boston Ducks a couple of times and this one doesn't even come close to Boston Duck Tours. But like I said if you've never done one you'll enjoy it. I was surprised that we basically drove straight to the launch ramp and stayed in the water most of the time. It offered some nice views, but you can see the same things from the Walnut St pedestrian bridge. The Guide wasn't exciting and filled with interesting stories of history like both times I'd done the Boston Ducks. He was talking but no comic relief and very monotone, most people just carried on their own conversation while he was talking. Boston had much more land tour, about half and half. You'll enjoy the Duck, and the water, just sit back and relax, worth it the first time, but not the second for this one.