“16th birthday party !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

$24.00*
and up
Chattanooga Duck Boat Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Did you know The designation of DUKW is not a military pun - the name comes from the terminology used for military vehicles in World War II; the D indicates a vehicle designed in 1942, the U meant "utility (amphibious)", the K indicated all-wheel drive and the W indicated two powered rear axles. Although technically a misnomer, DUKWs are often referred to as duck boats. Another popular nickname was old magoo or simply magoo. Though the origin of this term is unknown, it probably refers to the odd shape of the vehicle. DUKWs became known as ''Ducks'' and are still in use, as well as purpose-built amphibious tour buses, primarily as tourist transport in harbor and river cities.
Wetumpka, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“16th birthday party !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

what a great trip to take all the guys got to drive the duck plus 1 girl we had 10 teenagers on the trip and all of them loved the ducks our guide was great and told us things about chattanooga we did not know . you will have fun so do not pass this up you only live once!!!

Wichita, Kansas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome tour! Highly recommend!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I went on the Chattanooga Duck tour today and we absolutely loved it! I have two children (4 & 3) and they stayed focused the entire ride. They loved going into the water and being "so close to the fish." Barry (our tour guide) was awesome! He kept us laughing while giving us interesting information about Chattanooga. Barry also let the children drive the boat and I think that was their favorite part. I would highly recommend taking this tour when visiting Chattanooga. You won't be sorry!

2 Thank sjones896
Amory, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A suprisingly great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have seen people riding around in these things before, and thought they looked silly. When my cousin wanted to take this tour, I pulled the brim of my cap down and went along just to be accomodating. I had a great time! The tour was long enough to be interesting and fun, but short enough to not be tiring. I enjoyed riding in the vehicle and learning its history, seeing the area from this perspective, and being on the water. Captain Alex was personable, interested in his clients comfort and safety, and just a lot of fun. I had a great time, but yes, still felt silly riding in that darn thing! Advice for others? Schedule this tour when it's not in the triple digit temperatures. Otherwise, Have a great time!

Birmingham, Alabama
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“fun for our family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was our family's first Duck experience, and we all enjoyed it. The driver/captain was knowledgeable about the area and gave us interesting information. He was also very friendly and patient as he let kids drive the boat. Our favorite part was going into the water fast. It surprised us that it was not too hot of a ride considering no air conditioning and it being 99 outside. We had a groupon for half off and really thought it was def. worth it.

Visited June 2012
Tampa, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Fun little boat ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I felt entertained the whole time and always enjoy a good boat ride, but we've been on ducks in other cities that were more entertaining and educational. The Chattanooga waterfront added a lot to the excitement because there were a lot of people in the water, climbing rocks and bridges, etc. I do agree with others that this would probably not feel worth the value at full price, but we felt like we got a good deal because we had a Groupon.

Visited June 2012