“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were really excited about eating breakfast at the Bluegrass Grill. Happily waited in line for over 20 minutes, before finding seats at the counter. What a disappointment. Room-temperature bacon. Lukewarm, tasteless eggs. Tired fruit that looked past it's sell-by date. OK biscuit. OK frittata. Service, however, was great. I would have rated the meal average if the food had, at least, been hot when served.

1  Thank longjch

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We loved everything about this restaurant. The service, the. Food and the. Atmosphere. Hours
Are limited so it is. Best to see when they are open before you go or they. Might be closed.

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We read a great review on Tripadvisor about the Bluegrass Grill. We called to make reservation for Sunday brunch. The phone was answered by a wonderfully sweet woman. She explained that although they usually closed on Sunday, they were just trying out Sunday Brunch as a trial run. When we arrived the next morning, we were greeted by this lovely woman. The place is quaint. The food was served buffet style. Everything was amazing, but the biscuits were buckwheat. They were delicious (and I don't like biscuits!) The establishment is family run so the service was friendly and prompt! I can't say enough good things about the Bluegrass Grill.

1  Thank Kelseymom
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes, after reading previous reviews, I woke my wife at 7am on a Saturday while on vacation to beat the wait. We got to the restaurant shortly after 7:30 and they were already nearly full. There isn't much to say other than the breakfast and the service were both outstanding. There wasn't a period of more than two minutes where someone didn't offer to top off my wife's coffee. I am a corned beef hash lover, and this didn't disappoint. The green onions and Swiss add a great twist. My wife got potatoes and black beans (added an egg and fresh avocado), and she couldn't even finish. If you are local and haven't been, or are just passing through Chattanoga, do yourself a favor and skip the overpriced hotel breakfasts and head to Bluegrass Grill.

2  Thank Foodislove3
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the best breakfast I've ever had in my life. I ordered the biscuits and gravy and they were amazing. Everything about it was perfect. The homemade biscuits were the perfect pair for their out of this world gravy. The atmosphere was perfect. The service was incredible. They also have amazing homemade cinnamon rolls. This is one place you cannot miss when visiting Chattanooga.

1  Thank LindseyFaith2277