“Always Dependable”

The Terminal Brewhouse
Ranked #42 of 873 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The Terminal BrewHouse is a locally owned and operated business; as such we go to great lengths and expense to utilize local products and services whenever available. It is our goal to be a contributing member of our neighborhood and city for years to come. In order to achieve this goal we have instituted many green practices and initiatives. That being said, the Kitchen and BrewHouse are the heart and soul of what we do and why we are here. Only the freshest foods and finest hops make it into The Terminal and our passion is that only world-class beer and exceptional food make it to your table. We sincerely thank you for coming and promise this is as serious as we will ever get. Cheers, The Terminal BrewHouse Gang
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Terminal has a great location, locally brewed beer, and a wonderful menu. We eat here every few weeks, and we're not disappointed. Great hamburgers, great bison burgers, excellent sweet potato fires, but they do have more.

The service is good, always pleasant, and the prices are moderate. Locals and visitors alike enjoy the atmosphere, the food, and the beer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went to the terminal brewery only once during our trip to Chattanooga. We were in the downtown area and decided to walk to the choochoo train. We read the reviews praising the food and beer. So we were happy to wait about 25 min.
The place itself is nice, I liked the ceiling and space. The food was really ok. We ordered a burger and I had a salad as a side order. The salad was soggy and tasteless. My husband had the fries and we honesty thought that they he hardly had enough fries with his burger.
My son had the kids cheese pie, or pizza. It was really good. We left hungry. I ordered a beer, and it was ok, nothing too fancy. I wouldn't go back there, I would rather try something on the other side of the bridge :)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We took our kids here and had the pizza and stuffed sandwiches. The sweet potato fries were delicious. Recommend the beer on tap. Local and yummy!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We tried to eat here on a Friday night but the wait was too long. We came back on a Sunday evening and I must say it was worth the trip. I nearly tipped the scale onto a 4 star but I so enjoyed the beer that it pushed my rating up. We were a party of 7 this time and we decided to sit up on the patio. It's a lovely spot on top of the back building though the park bench seating wasn't exactly what I'd expected.

I was the only one at the table who went with a beer -- and I'm not normally a beer drinker -- but my thought is if you're going to a Brewhouse, you have to try the beer. I went for the Magnum PA which is labeled as a pale ale but it's of the "west coast-style". I loved the beer as it has a beautiful, full flavor without any bitterness. It was a bit heavier than I anticipated but after the first couple sips -- I was sold! For an appetizer, I had the mushroom soup (a recommendation from a friend) and wow! that was fabulous. Very nice soup and not too thick. My dinner course was the pepper smashed steak with another at the table had. The orders were initially mixed up but we sorted it out. This dish was another hit and paired with my beer made for a very satisfying evening. My mother who is VERY particular opted for the "Bello the Ball" stuffed portabello mushrooms and she loved every bite. In fact, there was so much food on her plate that she had the remainder boxed up and for lunch the next day. Another had the Rugged Individualist pizza and of course I had to sneak a bite. This was not your ordinary pepperoni pizza and the result was the same where the leftovers came back to the hotel to be had for lunch.

All in all this was a great experience and one I hope to enjoy again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The only thing we didn't love was the hour long wait, but it was a Friday night. I did love that they use SMS texting to hold your place in line, and that you could reply to the text they send you to check your wait time.
Everything from our server, to the drinks, to the meal was excellent. Great atmosphere too!
I told our server what I like in a beer, and he immediately recommended a great local brewed beer that I absolutely loved. My husband got a mixed drink, and it was strong enough for his liking. My burger was great, and his club sandwich was very filling.