“Fantastic Beer, Willing to Try the Food Again”

The Terminal Brewhouse
Ranked #15 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: The Terminal BrewHouse is a locally owned and operated business; as such we go to great lengths and expense to utilize local products and services whenever available. It is our goal to be a contributing member of our neighborhood and city for years to come. In order to achieve this goal we have instituted many green practices and initiatives. That being said, the Kitchen and BrewHouse are the heart and soul of what we do and why we are here. Only the freshest foods and finest hops make it into The Terminal and our passion is that only world-class beer and exceptional food make it to your table. We sincerely thank you for coming and promise this is as serious as we will ever get. Cheers, The Terminal BrewHouse Gang
Budapest, Hungary
“Fantastic Beer, Willing to Try the Food Again”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Terminal for the first time this week with a friend who had been there several times before. We went on a monday night which means it was buzzing but not at all "packed." They only serve their own brews add it was hard to tell which beer I was in the mood for, so my friend recommended the "Dead Sexy Scottish" ale. WOW. I'm not a big beer drinker (I only rarely can finish a bottle) but I drank the entire glass with ease and enjoyment. Unfortunately, the burger that I ordered medium was very much well done. I would have asked our server but he was quite impersonal and only stopped by 30 minutes later to take our plates. Beautiful building, poor service, spectacular beer, and ill have to try the food again.

• Visited July 2013

Mission, Texas
“go talk to the hostess”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good food and nice atmosphere. One of the employees kept telling me to talk to the hostess for answers. Apparently she did not want to be bothered with my inquiries.

Visited July 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited The Terminal Brewhouse with a party of 5 on a Saturday night. We decided to go a bit early, as we had attempted to eat there the night before but had been met with a wait of 90 minutes to 2 hours at about 7:30 pm. Going early worked out great, as there was no wait and we were immediately seated upstairs.

The upstairs dining area seemed to be preferable to the seating downstairs, so I would recommend sitting up there if you have any choice. Downstairs, there were so many people at the bar area that it was hard to squeeze between them and the tables, especially when the wait staff were passing by. The noise level was also noticeably diminished upstairs.

My dining companions were absolutely blown away by their meals. One had the Bison Burger and the other had the Veggie Lasagna. Neither could stop talking about their food. I had the Yosemite Salmon Cakes; and while I wasn't at all blown away by them, they were still good. We also had two children in our party, and they enjoyed their food as well.

As for the beer, both of the guys in our party tried the beer flight -- but I noticed that each only found one beer out of the lot that they liked enough to order full size (although it was a different beer for each person). Note that if you are in the mood for your favorite beer, you won't get it here; they serve only their own brews.

Since I wasn't personally amazed by the food or beer, my favorite part of the visit to this restaurant was the building itself. I love old buildings and historic places, and am always interested in seeing how they have been restored and/or repurposed. The Terminal Brewhouse is a good companion stop to the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel, as the buildings are adjacent and have a shared history. Note that if you aren't staying at the hotel, it's probably best to take the free electric shuttle, which stops beside the Choo Choo. The parking lot behind the brewhouse is quite small and was already 100% full, even for our early meal.

Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Poor management”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ok first of I must say I really enjoy this place. The food is great and the beer is top notch. However had a dealing with a manager named Erica on the weekend. They had tapped a new keg and couldn't get it working right so our beer was taking forever. Then we filled up our growler and I can't even tell you how long that took. The waiter came over to apologise and asked if we needed anything. I asked for a couple of beers on the house while we wait. He got the manager and said that is not allowed so there is nothing we can do for you. Really? You cant fill up a couple of pint glasses or take a few dollars off of our bill because we were sitting there for so long? The wait staff has always been very accommodating, but this manager....no. She didn't really seem to care about customers. Anywhere else they would have taken money off of your bill or given you a drink and most places without even asking.

• Visited July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great meal”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

great atmosphere, friendly and very affordable! i had their lamb burger and my girlfriend pizza. both were very good, lots of flavor. good location, good for big groups

• Visited June 2013