Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, GA
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

Beautiful decor, but it's the staff that makes this hotel special. They do an excellent job. We appreciated their smiles and assistance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

This is pretty new hotel. It did not show up in my Garmin. Check-in was friendly. The hotel pool was decent size but filled up quickly with so many kids staying there because of spring break. We arrived at the pool about 8:45 p.m. There were no towels and they quickly brought us some but informed us the pool closes at 9 p.m. The pool stays open later on weekends. I think hotels need to be more observant of the spring break timeframe and stay open later. No one kicked any of the kids out and they swam until almost 9:30.

The breakfast bar stays open until 9:30 a.m. which allowed my boys 10 & 6 to sleep in a little later. The breakfast bar had two waffle makers, cereal, muffins, juice, microwaveable egg sausage biscuits, fruit, etc. With it being Spring Break, it was packed with families.

We had a room that overlooked the interstate. I turned the room and bathroom fans on and was able to drown out the traffic. Our room didn't have a refrigerator which was a bummer because we had leftovers from dinner we had to toss.

They also had hot chocolate, tea, coffeee, apples & bananas available all the time in the lobby which was a nice snack for the boys after we arrived before we headed out to the aquarium.

All in all a good experience and I would stay there again if I was in the area again but would make sure I got one with a refrigerator.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

Good location. Courteous staff. Bathroom was very clean. The room itself was mostly clean but not spotless. Linens and beds were clean and comfy. Breakfast was ok, a bit spartan. We stayed on the back side of the hotel and traffic was still a bit bothersome. The A/C fan helped drown it out. Overall nice, but fairly average interstate hotel.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank tennesseebryan
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

There are several other hotels at this exit and this one appears to be the newest. After checking prices they all seem to be in the same price range. This hotel is in a convenient location to both Lookout Mountain and downtown Chattanooga. It is a short drive to either of these sights. The room was relatively large, very clean, the beds comfortable, lots of pillows, and the bathroom was huge. I choose this hotel for its location and the fact it is a non-smoking hotel. The room smelled fresh and smoke free so I was happy. As far as views – yes there is a view but like most hotels in the area the view is obstructed somewhat by recent development. You will see the mountain in a distance but you will also see Wal-Mart & other hotels below. There was minor noise from the road but nothing that was bothersome. All the hotels at this location are located right off the highway. This one was a little removed by being set up on a side street up a hill. I had a room with “view” so I would think the rooms in the back should be more shielded from the traffic noise if that is a concern. Overall very convenient to Lookout Mountain, pretty hotel, new, well laid out, clean and roomy. Only drawback was the continental breakfast – not much at all. However, there is a Cracker Barrel nearby.

• Stayed October 2009
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

The interior of the hotel is very nicely decorated. I really love the squeeky clean look of this hotel. The room was clean. Front desk person was friendly. We did not have time to use pool, but it looked very nice indoor pool. We just do not have good luck with hotel crib. we stayed in this hotel on the way to florida for vacation. In fact I am still on the vacation and writing this review in the 3rd hotel that we are staying so far. Every single hotel we have stayed in brought us broken crib first. This hotel's crib is not Graco portable crib that I usually see in most of Marriott hotels. The matress was very frimsy and I could feel criss cross frame when I touched with my hand too. Our 10 month old kept waking up crying. I did not sleep at all. They did not give us fitting sheet for the crib matress either. I think he did not know that it was available. I decided to make sure to ask for them first. Free wireless connection inroom was great. The breakfast was mostly carbohydrate - no eggs and no bagles, but Jimmy Dean bisquit sandwitch and the creamcheese for the bagle is available. I was there right when breakfast was open (because i was at the Lobby with my baby so i do not wake up the rest of my family.) I went back when my other well rested family members were eating and it was the same. I would stay here again when my baby is old enough to sleep with her sister in the bed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

this hotel was newly opened when we visited so as expected, it was nicely decorated and very clean with smart open areas, foyers & rooms. there was also a decent sized pool. unfortunately, our room looked out over the interstate and the traffic noise was considerable. also, the front of the hotel looked over towards lookout moutain, which would have been a fantastic view except for the vast wal mart car park in the foreground! the breakfasts were nice. altogether, this hotel was nice but could have been better.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

The hotel itself is very nice and in a good location. The room was clean and attractive, although small and there is no fridge or microwave in the rooms. Front desk help was very helpful, although they seem to be short handed and therefore are usually juggling guests on the phone, checking in and maybe even one who just has a question.

The breakfast was horribly disappointing! The previous reviewer mentioned waffles - there were no waffles here this morning! Also - the toaster takes forever, the juice machine was broken, the muffins were like sawdust and there is only 1 microwave to make oatmeal or a jimmy dean sandwich - there were 10-15 people in line this morning for a less than great breakfast! In addition, the staff that was handling breakfast seemed a bit inept and overwhelmed - she never bothered to hang a sign on the juice machine - people would get the juice and then complain and then she'd tell them it was broken. AUGH!

Overall - a nice place, but definitely has room for improvement.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingMom71
Jeff H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, May 16, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Chattanooga Lookout Mountain. We value your feedback. I would like to apologize for any noise issues in your room as well as the issues you had with breakfast. We make every effort to strive for success with our guest . Thank you for bringing it to our attention.