Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A First Rate Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We used this hotel last month for four nights while we did the "tourist thing" in Chattanooga. It's location is very good, not too far from downtown, but not too close to hit the city expenses of charged parking, etc. We had a small suite on the 4th floor with a sitting area and a semi-separate bedroom area. Everything was extremely clean and orderly. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and had a great shower! The included breakfast was as good as any you get and included varied items. The front desk people were friendly and helpful and greeted us each time we came into the building. The only weakness is lack of dining facilities in the area. The first night we tried the Cracker Barrel nearby and had one of the worst meals we've ever had. Fortunately, Chattanooga abounds in good dining facilities within 15 minutes of this hotel, and the hotel can recommend several. In summary, this hotel is modern, clean, comfortable, quiet, well managed, fairly priced, and everything needed for either a one night stay or for a longer vacation stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard A
GMCHATF, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Maylene, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was pleased with the hotel, the location, the cleanliness and the service, mostly. It was a bit more expensive than I would have liked to pay, but not by much. My only complaint was the knock on my door at 0830 in the morning by maintenance staff saying that the room was empty and ready to be cleaned. Obviously, the room WAS occupied and my wife and I were not happy about the interruption. He apologized profusely and went away. To be fair, I did not say anything about this to the manager as I checked out, so I didn't give them an opportunity to "make it right." Otherwise, a great stay and I would recommend this to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king suite and enjoyed the extra space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is though feedback like yours that we improve our product and services. I would like to apologize for the disturbance, we reviewed with the staff to avoid a repeating that error. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here for two nights during a dance competition in Chattanooga. First off, this hotel sits at the top of a hill overlooking the rest of the area. There is plenty of parking, and all the spaces are closely located to the front doors. The lobby is very uniquely decorated, and my family especially liked the fireplace. The front desk staff was wonderful, and did a great job considering it seemed like there was only one or maybe two working at a time.

Our room was large enough for five people and our stuff. The bedding was very nice, and everything in the room was clean and in working order. There was a mini-fridge and microwave which my family requires during our weekend trips.

The complimentary breakfast was great. They have a wide offering of beverages including milk, bottled water, juices, tea and coffee. There are a couple of choices of dry cereal, oatmeal, pastries, a make-your-own Belgian waffle station, sausage, eggs, fruit and toastable breads. The line never seemed to be too long even for a sold-out weekend.

The pool area is clean, and the glass offers a great view of the town below. The pool was a bit on the chilly side, but still refreshing. The only thing we didn't like about the pool was that it was very slippery around the edges all the way to the wall. They ran out of pool towels, but the staff took care of the matter within 5 minutes.

We had a first floor room right next to the lobby and we never heard any noise from outside the room. The drive to downtown was about 5 minutes and there was a Logan's Steakhouse, Wendy's and Wal-Mart right across the street. All-in-all it is a great place to stay for the cost conscious and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If views are your thing, try to get a room on the front side. The back offers views of the Hampton I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night (May 4th). This was by far the nicest Fairfield Inn we've stayed at. The room was clean and looked almost brand new. The lobby was modern and crisp. But what I was most impressed with was the customer service. We arrived in Chattanooga about 2 hours before check-in time. I called to see if a room was available and Renee politely told me that unfortunately nothing was currently available. We decided to get some lunch, and while at lunch Renee called me back to let me know there was a room available now and that she would hold it for us. I was very impressed that she took the time to remember my name, look up my reservation and call me back to let me know there was a room available. I would defintely stay here again if we go back to Chattanooga.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alesiab66
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights, 5/2 & 5/3. Wish I had room mentioned by other poster as mine was clearly in need of some paint, new curtains and mattress and my room was next to I 24. I have been a Marriott member for years and have achieved various levels including Platinum many times. It appears to me that Hampton Inn and Suites is surpassing the Fairfield brand

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob s
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We always stay in this area when visiting Chattanooga because of its close proximity and lower hotel prices compared to downtown. We were able to secure a room the day of our arrival and found the hotel & room to be one of the cleanest we've visited, beds were so very comfortable, minimal if any road noise, the property still smelled 'new', breakfast was good, and the staff friendly. We even used the pool & workout facility and found both to be above average standards. All and all our stay was very relaxing. It was a relief to find everything above standard accomodations and would highly recommend this hotel to others staying in the Chattanooga area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LJSpur
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on our way to visit friends. We had some Marriott points that were to expire soon, so we decided to use them for a short stay during our trip. Because of that, I can't really speak for the value, but I can't imagine it to be terribly overpriced if actually paying.
The property was fresh and clean, the staff was very helpful, and the location is excellent for visiting Lookout Mountain.
The free breakfast wasn't anything to brag about, but provided a nice, light start to the day.
The only negative I must mention is the size of the room. The room to which we were first assigned was nice, but we hesitated to stay in it if other rooms were available because it was right next to the elevators. I'm not saying that there was undue noise; only that we feared there might be. The hotel moved us to another room with no hassle. The second room was nice, clean and quiet, but was VERY small. We weren't spending much time there, so it wasn't a major issue, but there was actually very little room to walk once our bags were in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple