“Cold heated indoor pool”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #6 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Aurora, Colorado, United States
“Cold heated indoor pool”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We did lots of research and choose this hotel based on proximity to downtown, free breakfast and wifi, and heated indoor pool. The location is great putting you right next to Lookout Mountain and across the street from a Walmart (great for families). It is also less than 10 minutes from downtown and an easy drive. The breakfast had selection of coffee, juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal, breads, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogart, meat of the day, and either scrambled eggs or bisquits. Pleanty of choice but for an extended stay like everything it got old so if you are staying a while plan one breakfast out to get fresh eggs and bacon. The rooms were very modern, clean, and average in size. The bathrooms were very spacious with lots of counter space (great when sharing with a family of four). The refrigerator did not have a freezer which we like for ice cream but was larger sized. The show stopper for us was the cold pool. Advertised as heated it was far from that. My six year old loves to swim and he did not want to go after the second time as it was to cold. We ask the front desk if they could turn it up and they said it only had one temperature. (Hum that is not heated in my book.) We love swimming at the end of our day of events so would not go back based on this. Overall good stay but we need a warm pool. The rooms were only moderately sound proof and ran funny in temperature. We ran the air conditioning when it was cold outside as the room ran at 75 degrees with no heat or air conditioning. We were able to get a good temperature but was just odd. The air conditioning was loud but that helped drown out or noisy neighbors (obviously not the hotels fault).

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Jasper, Alabama
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed here two times and both have been great. Hotel is very clean rooms are as well. My wife and infant son got a two queen room on the top floor for a two night stay, our room was very clean and the beds were decent size. We had a minifridge flat panel tv desk chair as well as wifi for your phone/laptop etc.. Checkin was great, the people at the front desk were super kind and always helpful!
The breakfast was from 6:30-9:30 and was pretty good, eggs bacon sausage yogurt muffins juice coffee were all served. Very good food by hotel standards. We never saw the pool but it is indoor and heated. I would def stay here again, not many hotels are as warm and inviting as this one!

Room Tip: Top floor facing front of building for a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sevierville
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I have seen. I am so glad I decided to stay here. I did a mini vacation with my 3 little boys and we enjoyed everything about this hotel. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. We enjoyed them having different hot items each morning. The room was spacious and very clean.The beds were so, so comfy. If I had any suggestions it would be that the pool was kind of on the chilly side. Also the staff was friendly once engaged but if you don't actually approach them they didn't seem to notice you. Except in breakfast. The breakfast lady was very friendly every morning and there was a manager walking around speaking with the guest's in breakfast one morning and he was very nice. We are already planning another trip to Chattanooga and no question asked, we will be staying here again. Thank you Fairfield Inn for giving me a great place for my family to stay on vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adrelya3
Hampton, Minnesota
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very quiet rooms for being close to the freeway exit. Rooms were clean and well kept. We typically stay at the Holiday Inn on this exit on our way to Florida, but the Fairfield had better ranking here so we tried it, we were not disappointed and will stay here from now on!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank c3pon
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is fairly new and in a good location. Bed and pillows are exceptional , Would highly recommend. There are several good restaurants in the area and located very close to Lookout Mountain. Easy access to I-24 and plenty of parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JSTEW37
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Checked in on my way to Louisiana and found this was a really nice hotel to stay at. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel staff was very polite and helpful. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. Easy access from I-24 and has a variety of restauraunts close by. Would reccomend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, WV
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was just an overnight stay for work. The hotel was very clean and the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Beds are VERY comfortable and the rooms come with flat screen TV's.

There is truck parking available. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to town!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business