“Almost Excellent, few issues...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, arriving at 930p on a Friday evening. Mapquest found hotel perfectly, so no probems for us there. Check in was ok, we were tired after a long drive and when the gentlemen saw we had our 10 month old with us, he asked if we would need a pack-n-play for her to sleep in. We said yes, (even though I had already requested this online when I made reservation), and then he looked up to see more people check in behind us, so he advised us "well it might be a while, tons of people just walked in". Ok. Got up to room and it looks just like the pictures! Very clean and modern! Hotel overall was super clean and modern, loved that part. Pack-n-play never came to room that night. We gave up and went to bed. Called down Saturday for PNP again - and my husband was told 'if you want to come and get one you can have it'. Ok. Hubby went down to get itm brough it upstairs and it was broke! We tossed that idea out the window, were frankly tired of dealing w/ it. Another issue was our keycard wouldn't work until after several tries. Minor, I know, until you have a baby and about 10 other things in your hands. All in all the hotel itself was great, nice and new, great location. Customer service was lacking a bit though, and for that I'm not 100% sure we'd stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dmw4444

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is a nice, clean hotel located off the busy road but near the interstate and only a few miles from many attractions, including downtown Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain, Raccoon Mountain, Rock City and Ruby Falls. The hotel is very affordable for the area and includes a hot breakfast. Definitely look into this hotel if you visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Our navigation was not able to find the street address of the hotel. I believe it was because the property is relatively new. Marriott's mobile application also did not provide an option to get directions, only a map. We also never saw any billboards directing us to this hotel. There were many other billboards for other Marriott properties, but not for this one. It was also about 10 miles off of I-75 and I did not realize that when booking a room there. However, once we arrived, we were very pleased with the overall property, the friendliness of the staff, the clean and comfortable room accomodations and the free continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine - it's very noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here on our last family trip to Chattanooga and I must admit while I wasn't sure about the location, after staying there, we will definitely be back. I usually avoid the starter level of Marriotts but this one was really nice. Styled in the newest motif, the room were on par with higher level Marriott Springhill Suites and Courtyards. And the breakfast offer was better than some of the upper level inns. Beside that, the staff made us feel like family the entire five nights we were there. By the time we checked out, I was expecting my wife to invite them all for Thanksgiving,. Mark this up tp Souther hospitality or simply that Chattanooga knows tourists are their bread and butter, but this Fairfield knows how to make you feel welcome!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

On our way back to Indiana from Orlando, we stopped in Chattanooga for the night. I was only looking for a hotel near the highway with a pool, but my random choice wound up being an amazing choice! This little hotel is immaculate! The staff was the friendliest we encountered on our entire trip. There are so many thoughtful amenities here such as one of the largest breakfast areas I've seen including a sitting area for board games with a huge flat screen tv. There are computers in the lobby for guest use and, unlike many hotels with this feature, this one is very kid-friendly! We were only stopping for the night and intended on leaving early in the morning to head home, but that area is so beautiful I couldn't resist doing a little sight-seeing before we left. I mentioned to the hotel manager what my plans were, and he graciously offered me directions to a little known lookout point that wasn't far from the hotel. Everything about this cute hotel was perfect, and we are planning a return trip soon!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was extremely pleased with my recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. The accommodations were extremely clean and well maintained. Just my granddaughter and I made the trip to Chattanooga and I wanted a place where I (a single woman) would feel safe and secure - this place was excellent!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I stopped here for one night. GPS couldn't find its exact location, but mapquest did. Getting there was not fun with all the traffic congestion on the highway. Hotel still looks and feels brand new and I think is about 3 years old. Kind of a strange location up on a hill, but with great views of the surrounding moutain range.We had a regular king room, which was kind of small compared to other similar properties. Bedding was fine and actually had feather pillows, which I really appreciate. Check-in and out went fine with no problems. We ordered chinese delivered from menu we found in lobby. Food was just fine and fast delivery.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family