“Awesome...love the atmosphere, service and food”
Review of Alleia

Alleia
Ranked #34 of 828 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thoughts of opening an additional concept in the southside of chattanooga stirred in 2004. chef lindley wanted to explore true rustic italian, but incorporate regional flavor. exceptional ingredients imported from italy and quality produce delivered from local farms make this vision a reality. situated in chattanooga's rejuvenated southside neighborhood, alleia resides in the old harrington building. the fulfillment of chef daniel lindley's dream of offering simple, italian inspired cuisine opened its doors in april 2009. chef lindley's latest venture is a unique interpretation of rustic italian cuisine, using local ingredients to create an evolving menu. alleia boasts seven types of house made pasta and a custom brick oven that reaches 750 degrees for pizza making. remarkably designed by rodney simmons of revival studio, alleia captures the warmth and comfort of a traditional trattoria, while breaking new ground in present-day restaurant design. trimmed in 300 year old wood taken from the harrington building, the space can seat 150, including a striking communal table that seats 32. the porch at alleia marries the best of al fresco and indoor dining. featuring a generous wraparound banquette, climbing jasmine and views of lookout mountain, the porch provides reprieve from the bustle of the southside. please enjoy.
La Grange, Kentucky
“Awesome...love the atmosphere, service and food”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had a great booth with a view of the kitchen and pizza oven...so we had to order pizza and it was terrific. The atmosphere is really cool with a mix of old architecture, modern and artistic touches, low lighting, candles and interesting music in the background. We had a great server who was attentive but not intrusive. My husband said he is willing to make the 4 hour 1/2 drive again soon in order to visit Chattanooga and Alleia...that is how much we enjoyed it!

Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Must go for fine dining in Chattanooga”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have dined at this restaurant several times and have never had a bad experience. Seasonal menus feature the best vegetables and entrees available for the time of year, so keep in mind if you have a favorite dish in the winter, it may not be there in the spring. The staff are professional, friendly, and courteous. The food is absolutely delicious, no matter what the season. Ideal for small dinner parties or couples dates. I would definitely recommend making reservations, as space can be limited.

• Visited October 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wanted to Give VG but I Couldn't This TIme”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Alleia is an awesome place for dinner in Chattanooga. I have eaten there before and was very happy with the experience. This time, well, not so happy. I struggled with giving an average rating; however, I have to be consistent with my reviews. First, the positives, the atmosphere is very good, the kitchen is open to the dining area and looks very clean, stacks of kiln dried wood is done in a decorative way almost to the ceiling in places, check out the long table in the back that it covered with several years of candle wax...pretty cool. They also have an outside dining area, no view but on a nice evening it is pleasant. The dining area is fairly dark....kind of romantic, I guess. The food, we started with an appetizer, the Beef Carpaccio served with truffle, arugula and radishes...EXCELLENT!!! The truffle flavor jumped right off the plate. This was followed by the Wood Fired Beet Salad served with ricotta and citrus....this was so-so, flavors did not pop, I’ve had much better beet salads at other places. My companion and I each ordered a pizza, she had the Margherita which in retrospect should have been sent back. The red sauce was so salty it stung the tongue, lacking in cheese, the basil was good. I was curious why she wasn't eating it...I would have sent it back, she doesn't like to complain. I had the Gorgonzola with fig & prosciutto, overall it was very good; however, regarding both pies the crust could use some seasoning..very bland. It does; however, have a good texture as most pizzas do that are cooked in a 750F wood fired oven. My advice....stick with the meals and stay away from the pizza and you will have an excellent experiences, not just an average one. One last bit of advice, they have a drink, I forget the name, but it was excellent….a mixture of coconut rum, lavender and lemon.

• Visited May 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great place”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Amazing food, nice space, love it. Expensive so mostly for special occasions. Favorite rest. in town.

• Visited September 2013
Estill Springs, Tennessee
“Fantastic service from every direction!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not only were all 4 of the main dishes we tried, wonderful, but the service absolutely makes this place the best ever! Our server was Blair, but each and every server that walked past our table looked our direction to see if all was well. Our water glasses stayed full, our dirty dishes were removed, service was offered. It was not as if they were bothering us, we had plenty of alone time, but they were very conscientious and never left us wondering where or when they'd be back to assist in whatever it was we wanted or needed. This place is managed well! Kudos to Management and servers of Alleia's! With so many special dishes on the menu we still need to try, we will be back many times!

• Visited May 2014