“A Whole New Reason for 'Date' Night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alleia

Alleia
Ranked #24 of 822 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thoughts of opening an additional concept in the southside of chattanooga stirred in 2004. chef lindley wanted to explore true rustic italian, but incorporate regional flavor. exceptional ingredients imported from italy and quality produce delivered from local farms make this vision a reality. situated in chattanooga's rejuvenated southside neighborhood, alleia resides in the old harrington building. the fulfillment of chef daniel lindley's dream of offering simple, italian inspired cuisine opened its doors in april 2009. chef lindley's latest venture is a unique interpretation of rustic italian cuisine, using local ingredients to create an evolving menu. alleia boasts seven types of house made pasta and a custom brick oven that reaches 750 degrees for pizza making. remarkably designed by rodney simmons of revival studio, alleia captures the warmth and comfort of a traditional trattoria, while breaking new ground in present-day restaurant design. trimmed in 300 year old wood taken from the harrington building, the space can seat 150, including a striking communal table that seats 32. the porch at alleia marries the best of al fresco and indoor dining. featuring a generous wraparound banquette, climbing jasmine and views of lookout mountain, the porch provides reprieve from the bustle of the southside. please enjoy.
Dalton, Georgia
“A Whole New Reason for 'Date' Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We first went to Alleia on my birthday back in November. What brought us back were the bacon-wrapped dates. So on our so-called ‘date night’ we went back to a new favorite, Chattanooga’s own, Alleia.

The bacon-wrapped dates were even better than remembered. They were so soft and warm with balsamic dripped tenderly on top of them, they veritably melted in our mouths.
We also had the talleggio and black truffle flatbread. The bread was nice and charred from the wood-fired oven and the taste of truffle was as unusual and satisfying as ever: melty with just the right piquant of the woodsy mushrooms.

I struggled to find exactly where to settle on the menu. Did I want the gnocci? Did I want the quail? Primi or secondi, or both – I just couldn’t decide! So many great-sounding choices, it was hard to nail it down to just una. Finally, and on the spur of the moment, I picked something from the specials menu purely to be adventurous. Shell-shaped pasta - I still can’t pronounce the Italian name for it although the waiter very nicely tried to teach me twice – with corn and peaches and cream and just-salty-enough prosciutto. Wow, what a sensory overload! I was so very pleased with my choice that it was hard for me to try my husband’s beef dish…but I did.
The wine, a Rossa di Montalcino, made us reminiscent of our past venture through Tuscany and made us wish we could go back in time and add the small wine-drenched town to our list of stops. The wine was lightweight, spicy with just a hint of citrus and paired perfectly with the dishes we selected.

So, whether Chattanooga is on your list of stops or if it’s just in your backyard, as it is with us, I highly recommend Alleia. A menu of hard-to-choose-from selections and a top-quality wine list to boot, at Alleia you too can either reminisce ab

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Artistic blend of space, decor, and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family was visiting Chattanooga for the day and found this restaurant highly rated on Google. I liked the decor of the place - starting from the huge front door that looks like it belong in a castle to the long dining table with fancy chandeliers (again, it looked like it belong in a castle). Our server, Durham, was very articulate in describing the food and his service was excellent in directing us to the dishes we'd like. I had pork ribs that were deliciously flavorful. The halibut was very good, but didn't have the same kick as the ribs did. The pasta was well cooked. I would go again or recommend this place to someone visiting the city.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“New Favourite Restaurant in TN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is AMAZING!
The decor, the food, the service, the personalization (the manager gives 5 star attention to detail)
I wish I could eat here every night! I've been here in an intimate group and a large group and the service was faultless both times! Exquisite food and restaurant. Highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ellienad
Atlanta, Georgia
“You pay for atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Food is very straightforward-- not especially good, but not especially bad. I could see the lure in this place as a date night destination...the lights are so low you can pretend your ugly date is prettier. Bar was pretty good, but cocktail list was boring. Entree took about 45 minutes to come out. Probably just caught them on an off night

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Beautiful space, delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Allelia is a beautiful restaurant near the corner of Main and Market. The food is delicious, mostly Italian. Service isn't up to the standard of the food and atmosphere.

Visited May 2013