“Does Everything Right”

Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed December 3, 2010

This is one of the best Residence Inns I've stayed at. The hotel still looks like new. The rooms were well designed. Lots of great lighting. The bed and chaise were comfortable. The bathroom sink area was separate from the toilet and shower. The kitchen was fantastic with stainless steel appliances and nice cabinets. Everything was clean. There were flat screen TVs with plenty of channels including two HBO channels. I was in rooms next the elevator a few times and didn't hear it (or my neighbors). Wi-fi worked great. The lobby and breakfast area have several TVs as well including three seating nooks with their own TVs.

I usually choose Residence Inns for the food and this one did not disappoint. Breakfast included an egg dish, meat dish, potato dish, fruit, yogurt, yogurt parfait, and bread items. Evening receptions included BBQ, Italian, Mexican, and Comfort Food themes on Tues and Wed nights. Main items were often accompanied by salads, pasta & potato salads, chips, brownies, pie, soda, and beer. I wish they served food on Mon nights. They have a Manager's Reception every other Thurs night but I never stayed long enough to attend them.

My favorite feature of this hotel though is that the front desk staff always greet you when you enter and leave the hotel. This is a rare occurrance in my business travels so I really appreciated the greetings. The breakfast/evening reception staff were quite friendly too.

The hotel is located in a great area. It's close to route 75 and the Hamilton Place mall. The mall is surrounded by scores of shopping stores and restaurants. If you're going to eat out in the area, I would recommend Rain Thai Bistro and Sticky Fingers. There is a Bi-Lo supermarket close by. While the hotel has a gym and pool, there is also free access to the nearby Rush Fitness Center by showing your room key.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 28, 2010

this is a new hotel, so everything is perfect. LIke staying in an apartment, because there is a full kitchen in each room. We only stayed one night, while driving through from Florida. A little hard to find, but right off highway, behind other hotels. great for driving through, on an over nighter, but even better, if you are staying in area.
We stayed with our little dog (very dog friendly). Thanks Kathy for helping me in the morning to get breakfast with the dog. She held him, while I loaded up my plate.
everyone very freindly!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We have a studio room and it was perfect for my husband and 2 young children!! Great breakfast buffet too! Staff was super friendly as well!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2010

This is a gorgeous new hotel with lovely grounds. We had a one bedroom suite - very comfortable and clean. Everything you need is in your room. The staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was very good - overall a very nice experience. We also had our dog with us. We have stayed at other Residence Inns and all have been nice but this one is special. Even if you're used to staying in 5 star hotels, you'll be comfortable and happy here.
We will stay here again as we travel back and forth from Florida to Ohio.
It is not inexpensive but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I returned to Chattanooga for my ten year high school reunion. My best friend and our significant others shared a 2 bedroom suite. It was perfect. The kitchen was well stocked and the staff was extremely accomadating. I have stayed at other Residence Inns and the quality of the room at this particular location is superb in comparision. Tastefully decorated and comfortable. They had a fabulous breakfast buffet that we really enjoyed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stopped at this hotel after being on the road for 11 hours and arrived after dark. It was a little hard to find since I was not familiar with the area. Usually I don't spend that much for a hotel room but after entering the room.....WOW.... It was beautiful and well worth the money. The breakfast the next morning was ok....Nothing spectacular.. There are many,many restaurants nearby. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

This hotel is brand spanking new & it shows! Very clean & well maintained. I am super picky about where I stay with my small children & this place was wonderful. The hotel was was perfect. We will stay here on every trip to Chattanooga in the future! On the outskirts of downtown Chattanooga (which was fine with us) but right next to wonderful Hamilton Place which was perfect with the mall & various great restaurants!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family