“Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a very nice, updated Residence Inn. The location was perfect for us, as we were only staying 1 night and then traveling north. The staff was professional and accommodated our requests for extra towels. The breakfast was normal for the Marriott chains.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here to take in the weekend. The hotel overall was very nice and clean. Pros: The towels were the softest I think I've ever used. The bed was very comfortable. Location was right off the highway and close to lots of restaurants and a very big shopping mall, Hamilton Place. Cons: Only a few HD channels available. The breakfast would rate a 2 out of 5, thereby bringing my total score for this hotel to a 4/5. I have eaten better breakfast buffets at hotels such as Comfort Inn and Best Western. I am not sure what has happened to the breakfasts at the chain? It used to be the tie breaker in my decision making. The waffles were bland, the eggs seemed powered, the cheese was stale and the coffee was too strong. The dinning room area appeared to be too small too. Sorry Residence Inn. Not sure the $104 a night plus the 17% tax is worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theyoung1
wkcleveland, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found so many pros to mention about your stay. We aim higher for our breakfast and appreciate your criticism. Speaking for the staff, we take feedback to heart.

Ken Cleveland

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have been staying here for 6 weeks, and I can't say enough good things. The hotel offers free hot breakfast 7 days a week and free dinner and beer 2-3 nights per week, which was so nice when I was exhausted coming home from work some days. The extended stay suites have a small, fully stocked kitchen with two burner stove, 2 flat screen TVs, a little dining room table, free wi-fi, and honestly are the perfect size for one. I actually enjoyed coming home to my hotel each night because it was perfectly decorated and felt classy yet comfortable.
The maid service comes everyday and does an excellent job -- and more importantly, acts ethically. A couple times during my stay I have left either my ipod or a couple of dollars cash out that could have been easily taken. Thankfully, everything was always there when I returned- a great sign of the people they have working there.
Some more random things: the hotel gym is in perfect working condition and one of the best that I have used at a hotel (everything actually works properly! and each cardio machine has a TV on it), the elevators are speedy (always a plus), and you are just down the road from TN's largest shopping area, Hamilton Place.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank laurenvc
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel was all around great. The staff were very friendly, the food was excellent (I mean, given that it was provided free along with the hotel stay), the facilities were fantastic. Great workout room and pool. The location was so-so, I looked out my window and felt like I was staying in an industrial park. But then again, not many people stay right off the interstate when they want a great view.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from July 3rd until July 6th. This hotel is awesome and the staff are too. I had booked this hotel on Marriott.com and used my AAA discount. My family and I stayed in a two bedroom suite, it was like our own little apartment. with a full kitchen. The hotel provided a breakfast and dinner buffet, including sodas and beer in the evening. The indoor pool was very welcoming with all the hot weather in the area. The location was great near the mall and eating places and an easy ride into downtown. Anyone who stays here will be very glad that they did.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights during record breaking heat wave in June. Newer hotel. Good location with easy access to Hamilton Place Mall and Interstate. Very clean. Large living room with fireplace and full kitchen. Nice comfortable bed and separate bedroom. Free WiFi, business center in lobby. Was offered a larger 2 bedroom suite on arrival as an upgrade, but really didn't require it since I was traveling alone. Lots of breakfast offerings. Many restaurants nearby. Outdoor sitting area with fire pit, indoor pool and hot tub. Plenty of parking. Check in was easy, friendly staff, well maintained property. Got a good rate and would stay here again without hesitation. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank peggydill
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We checked in here after leaving the Holiday Inn Express East Ridge hotel early in disgust. Yes, this is more money, but, my goodness, what a difference in quality.
When we checked in, I asked for a cart, but they were in use. OK, I went to the car to start shuttling in the luggage. Next thing I know, here comes the desk clerk with a cart out into the parking lot, asking me if I need help with my luggage. Blew me away.
The room is a real suite with full kitchen, very nicely appointed. The only thing not great about it was that the couch in the living room, being a sofa-bed, was not very comfortable to sit on.
We were on an extended vacation, and guess what, the laundry facility was no-charge and had lots of machines.
Indoor pool and hot-tub.
No charge to park.
Their complimentary breakfast makes Holiday Inn's look pitiful.
Pay the extra money and stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple