“A wonderful place to stay”

Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Mississauga, Canada
“A wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed at this wonderful hotel en route to Florida. We were travelling with our golden retriever dog and although the non-refundable $75 pet fee was steep, it was refreshing to have a super clean comfortable room to spend the evening. We will return. It was a really great experience from check-in to check-out!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Was living her e for over 6 months and it was great time.
Rooms a large and new with Kitchen, for a long stay they could have more china ware.
Housekeeping is doing a good job and the rooms are clean, they help you with dishes too! great hard working people. Muchas gracias !

Breakfast Buffet could be improved. Over 6 months almost every day the same stuff :-(.
We ask several time to add certain things but they didn't. NO bacon, no cheese, no ham and cold cuts. The "cook" I would call him a re heater (tall white man with beard), is the worst person in the hole Hotel. Every thing ( asked for ice cubes, a beer just a min 1 after closing the kitchen....) is ask for , it was not possible ! My luck was that the ladies working there a doing a great job and it is easy to ignore this guy.

They have free washer and dryer, what is a big help if you spend more time then a week over there. Fireplace and patio are a great place to hang out and grill your steak on the 2 BBQ's. Pool/ Jacuzzi area is good too, was just missing showers to get one before you jump into it.

Would choose the Hotel again especially with family.

Thank you Cari, Megan, Ben and the hole Team for the great time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
wkcleveland, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

Took our family for spring break trip to Chattanooga. We stayed at this hotel based on other ratings as well as the room layout and indoor pool. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Especially when we needed a clean pack and play cover during the middle of the night after sickness. The free breakfast buffet was good each morning with hot and cold foods. If you are going to Chattanooga for Ruby Falls, Rock City, Tennessee Aquarium, etc., this hotel is only about 20 minute drive away. Was definitely worth the price

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Redbonner
wkcleveland, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for the kind remarks. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

USA
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I selected a corner suite -- lovely. Beautifully decorated, well appointed and equipped, quiet, clean, with responsive staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Our room was extremely clean and fresh. The room seemed like it was brand new. Amazed at the space and the full size stainless steel fridge, microwave, and dishwasher, sink and rang. Cupboards filled with spotless dishes and silverware. Furniture is top of the line with a huge swivel flatscreen tv. We thoroughly enjoyed the inside heated pool. The location is perfect, close to everything. The hotel staff is virtuous, accomadating, and professional. Great value, I would have paid twice the amount. I am very picky and particular, and not easily impressed, but I am honest when I say I am extremely, extremely impressed.

• Stayed March 2011
Lincoln, Alabama
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Overall the hotel was very clean and nice. Here is the problem if your paying for your room with your debit/credit card get ready for your account to be held up for at least a week. I reserved my room on a Friday and they pre-authorized my card for more than the entire stay was, which I understand for damages or whatever but I checked out on Sunday and they charged my card for entire stay now almost a week later the pre-authorization is still on my account. Of course this causes a problem if you dont have enough money in your account to cover the entire stay times two and then some. So now I am back home and still cant use my bank account until they credit that money back. I called the hotel basically they tried to play the blame game with the bank, but in the banking business we know those charges wont come off until their machines clear it.
So sadly even though the hotel was nice I can't recommend it to someone in good confidence. Especially with todays tight budgets that could ruin someones vacation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenjam329
wkcleveland, General Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. We understand the inconvenience that a large authorization hanging in a bank account causes. I am sorry it happened to youi.

We try very hard to recognize every debit card that we are offered for payment and handle it in a way that avoids the authorization problem.Occasionally one gets by us. If a debit card is authorized, the only options we have are to allow the authorization to release by the protocols at the carf issuing bank or to assist the guest by contacting the issuing banks credit card operations and formally request that authorizations be released. The guest must provide sufficient contact information in this case. Frequently issuing banks will release authorizations at our request. Occasionally they refuse.

If this guest would like to pursue the second option, I invite them to call me at the hotel at 423.468.7700.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My wife and I traveled to Chattanooga,Tn and stayed at this Residence Inn on Valentine's weekend. The reviews that others wrote about this hotel were "right on the money". The Residence Inn is a little hidden from road view,but if you follow the directions or call the hotel before you come you shouldn't have the a problem getting there. The hotel is located close to a mall and just about every other store that you can think of. Also, on top of that just about every good restaurant that you can think of is located realy close to the hotel. Downtown Chattanooga is about a 15 minute drive from the hotel and it was nice......I highly recommend eating at Cheeburger in downtown Chattanoga, the food was off the hook.

Now back to the hotel, Super Ultra-modern looks absolutely brand spanking new. The service at the front desk comes with a smile,which is absolutely a delight after getting off a long road trip. The rooms...oh the rooms again "Ultra-modern" and contemporary. If you want to cook all your meals,you can use the electric cooktop and therer are plenty of utensils in additon to a refrigerator. The room has a 40' inch flat screen tv that you can rotate to face the bed or the coach and the chair. Decent cable channels.....we found things to watch when we were in the room. Bed, was not that comfortable to me....I think I just laid on the part that was sinking a little bit,but my wife said her side of the bed was very comfortable. Complementary Hot Breakfast---very awesome a real money saver, we did not spend any money on eating breakfast which was awesome. All in all......Chattanooga was great and we are definately going to come to Chattanooga again soon and stay at this particular Residence Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
wkcleveland, Manager at Residence Inn Chattanooga Near Hamilton Place, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest feedback reinforces what we are getting right and helps us refine any rough edges. Our goal is to get it right every time.

Thanks again.