“Good place to stay and see the sights”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West
Ranked #24 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at many CIS. This is one of the better. The queen suite was quiet and. comfortable. Yes it could use some updating but overall was fine. The front desk was helpful sang gracious. It is close to all of the sights.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Wrigley48
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We are undergoing renovations in the near future. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

There was more road noise than I like but everything else was great. The people at the front desk were very pleasant. The breakfast was great. The cookies in the lobby smelled and tasted great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rodrnbob

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Be Our Guest Breakfast and the cookies in the lobby. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed at Country Inn and Suites in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, Al. with Birmingham being the best with the one here in Chattanooga being rated pretty low. The bathroom had rust stains the ceiling had bad places in it the sofa bed you couldn't sleep on it if you wanted to, the springs were broken and the mattress (thin piece of foam practically) hung down, there was a hard piece of wood on the front of the sofa which we kept hitting our chins or heels on. It wasn't even comfortable to sit on, I actually felt like I was sitting on a sofa that had been picked up off of a street corner it was nasty, I actually covered it before I would let my children sit on it. Thank goodness we keep an air mattress in our car. So we all watched t.v. in the room with the beds. the breakfast was satisfactory although I would suggest that when you have biscuits that they not be placed in the section with the cold muffins, bagels and breads but instead kept warm so they are edible who wants a cold biscuit? I would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Make reservations early if you can so you are not limited to a few choices and trying to choose the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel or our Be Our Guest breakfast during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the first trip I have taken with my dog. "Pet Friendly" was the primary variable in my search for accommodations. When I checked in, our room reservation was not correct. The lady at the desk fixed us up properly without delay. We found the room to be dated, but very spacious (pictured). That was very much appreciated. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly to me as I took the puppy out for his walk. The breakfast the next morning was bacon, eggs, waffles, oatmeal... It was included in the price and was excellent. There was a Cracker Barrel and Taco Bell virtually sharing the hotel's parking lot. The hotel was just off the expressway on the west side of town making for a nice, traffic free getaway. All this was made better because it was only 2 miles from Ruby Falls. NICE!

If your child has two or four legs, I would recommend this property for it's service, location, spacious rooms, and wonderful breakfast.

Room Tip: If road noise can keep you awake, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed us being a pet friendly hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here sometime during the summer of 2012. After havng a bad expierience at another hotel, we decided to checkout this area along I-24, this is where we saw the Country Inn. The hotel is great, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a delicious breakfast. The reason why I'm only giving this place a 3 was because of our expierience with the pool and fitness center. The pool was indoor and freezing cold. There was also not a hot tub at this place, which was a little disappointing. Also I tried to work out in the fitness center and couldn't find a way to turn on one of the treadmills. Overall our stay was great, I'll probably stay again, just not for the pool.

Room Tip: Don't stay here because of the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the pool and the fitness center during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a one night stopover with our two dogs. This hotel is very convenient to the interstate and we had stayed there last year under similar circumstances. This time when we showed up they had no reservation for us. Turns out I thought my wife made the reservation and she thought I did, thus no reservation. The desk person was very accommodating and she called the other hotel of the same brand to make sure we didn't have the wrong place (we didn't). She got us a room at the rate we had thought we booked online and after an 11 hr travel day we were glad to settle down. Room was comfortable and big enough for all four of us. The breakfast bar is just mediocre but the coffee was hot.

Room Tip: Very welcoming to travelers with pets.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our check in process was very easy and the girl working the front desk was very friendly. The hotel had a very warm and welcoming feeling. The lobby and staircase was decorated for Christmas. Our rooms were very clean, comfortable beds, dark, and quiet. We did not use it but there was a nice, clean, heated indoor swimming pool which was well maintained. The continental breakfast was averagely good but they lady working the dining area kept it cleaner than average. The wifi seemed a little slow but it worked. If you are staying somewhere for a workout area this may not be the place. There were three pieces of equipment and two of them were out of order. The hotel was nicely located near a few restaurants, actually within walking distance of Cracker Barrel, a Waffle House and a Taco Bell. The hotel was also within very close driving distance to a few tourist attractions. The check out process was pleasant and easy. We will stay here again if ever back in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side of the hotel have a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CaptTroy
TameikaMurray, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Positive word of mouth is vital in building our business as well as our reputation. Again , thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.