“It was a different experience”

Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Actors perform a live family-friendly comedy show all around you as you eat your dinner and enjoy the action! This is dinner with fun and unpredictable outcomes. The actors follow a script and theme, but love to spontaneously involve some of the audience or say something unplanned. Although they love playing with the audience, they are always respectful of those who just enjoy watching. Get to know the characters as they work their way around the room. Spot a crime. Identify the culprit when the authorities arrive. Appropriate for all ages!
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It was a different experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife has always wanted to try a dinner theater out, so we figured we'd try it on our vacation.
resturant is pretty cramped, which makes it hard to eat, enjoy and control our children. My wife went to make plates for the kids when we got there and one child spilled their drink all over themself and the other children. Somebody helped us clean it up and then my wife came back with the plates and proceeded to spill her drink all over me! Haha. Not an experience I'm going to forget. The actors came around and talked to us and the kids in their "stage mode" which the kids thought was fun. Everybody was very nice. Service wasn't great outside of helping us get cleaned up (One of the actors had to alert somebody to help us once). Drinks didn't get replaced quickly, and the food..well...

Anyway, the show was cheesy but funny and there was a large group from an elementary school in Mississippi I believe, whose principal got brought up to the stage and he was funny. If you want to try it out, it's worth a shot, but I don't plan on going back.

Visited April 2014
VaudevilleCafe, Front Office Manager at Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed the show and the audience interaction, however we are sorry that the service and food weren't up to par. We hope you will visit us at our new location where we now offer fresh, made-to-order entrees rather than a buffet.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Take your money and run”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We purchased a ticket to a celebrity stand up show at Vaudeville Cafe. The show was canceled the day before. They called and left us a message so that we could either receive a credit back to our card or a gift card to future shows. We called multiple times and asked for a credit back to our card and received no response. If you are interested in throwing away money - then feel free to give it a try. Otherwise, stay away!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ronabelle
Jackson, Mississippi
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Decent Show...Bad Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were visiting the area and thought we'd try to do/see things that may be different and "off-the-beaten-path." A dinner theater sounded good - we don't have anything like this where we're from. So my wife, 9 year old son and myself went on a Saturday night and saw Mystery at the Redneck Italian Wedding.

GOOD: The opportunities for audience participation were great, but there was no pressure for those who are uncomfortable with dancing and singing in public. The characters were friendly and took time to come around to each table and talk. The show was pretty entertaining.

BAD: The server we had was VERY inattentive. We needed more drinks, and when the deserts were brought out, they only brought two to our table of three. And the desert was the only decent part of the meal. The buffet was gross. The lasagna was rubber-like and tasteless. The chicken alfredo was strange-tasting.

Not really worth what they charge for dinner and a show - considering it's not really a professional show with real actors and the food was REALLY bad.

But not a terrible experience . We laughed and enjoyed some good family time. Won't do it again next time.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank terryo637
Vaudeville C, General Manager at Vaudeville Cafe Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I apologize that your experience was not as anticipated. We do our very best to offer the best possible value as most shows like this are almost double the price. Should you choose to come back again, please ask for me and I will make sure your experience is much different in regards to food and service.
Dalton, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great time !!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to the Mystery of Flight 138 show. Last year we had gone to the Facebook show. I like them both, but the Facebook seemed to be better. They always make me laugh. The food was okay. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad either.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bethmorgan25
Thank you for your response. We are always working on making our buffet better so we hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Birmingham
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

There is no organization when it comes to getting in line. We arrived an hour early and were pretty much the only people there. People would come in, check in and then just stand up front. We got a table in the back and was the last table in the row. Everyone that came in had to stop and take their pic with Bobby Bobby right behind us.

For some reason, there was a problem with the buffet. So the food was served to us. The "server" who I think was actually a drink server, pretty much threw our plates on the table, said something about the dressing being on the buffet and ran off. We had never been here before and were totally confused. An announcement should have been made at the beginning and not at the end.

There was so much going on that I couldn't concentrate on the show. It might have been funnier if all the commotion wasn't going on.

The GM did make an announcement about the problem with the buffet and said everyone would receive a free ticket to another night. That was great, but we were from out of town and don't plan on going back. We gave our tickets to the maid at the hotel. I would have preferred a free dessert or frozen drink.

Visited February 2014
I hate that we had issues with the buffet that night and feel even worse that the server was not more attentive to take care of your needs. I assure you that if you come back, we will do everything possible to make this experience much better.