“I was very happy with this hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Tokyo
“I was very happy with this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

I spent 8 nights here starting just after Thanksgiving, 2010, and I was very glad I had chosen this hotel. The room was spacious, attractive, and comfortable. (In fact, it was more attractive than a Hilton at an airport where I stayed in order to catch an early flight. I found the furniture appealing.) There were also three large pillows for each of the two beds. The Christmas tree was beautiful, too.

Features I particularly liked were the non-slip pad over the whole bottom of the bathtub, bathtub water controls that I could UNDERSTAND, the small but roomy refrigerator, the in-room safe, and the easy-to-use wake-up call system. I was pleased that there was a hair drier, an iron, and an ironing board, although I did not use them. The heating system was easy to use, and it worked well. The room was very clean. I liked the notices about how to save energy. There were a few minor glitches--the time on the wake-up call system had apparently not been adjusted since the ending of Daylight Saving Time, and I had to try more than once to punch in the numbers on the safe because if I used a 7, sometimes 77 or 777 would appear. However, the safe was easy to use, and the directions were very clear. One of the numbers on the phone was sticking, so the staff had the phone replaced for me.

The staff were all extremely courteous and helpful regarding whatever I asked (including recommendations for a local taxi service), and the free maps of downtown Chattanooga were most convenient. The free downtown shuttle bus stopped at the edge of the motel parking lot, which made it very easy to use. There was also free parking for cars.

The location of the hotel was very good. I could easily go anywhere in the downtown area, and it was easy to get to other parts of the city as well.

The City Cafe next door was outstanding. Just looking at the gorgeous cakes was a delightful experience, though it was the breakfasts that I chose to eat (even later in the day). They were wonderful. Warning--the quantities served for other meals are far more than even a hungry person can eat. However, I could choose the quantities on the breakfasts.

The next time I am in Chattanooga, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

1 Thank donnatokyo
TGray724, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Thank you for the compliments about our hotel and staff! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and time in Chattanooga and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Maitland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

I booked this hotel through my Windham Rewards program and got the best rate by almost $30.00. The room was clean, smelled nice, quiet and the parking was free. The front desk staff was the friendliest I have encountered in a long time. I would recommend highly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TGray724, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Thank you for sharing with us about your stay! We are thrilled that you are an active member of our Wyndham Rewards Loyalty Program! Thank you for the praise about our hotel and staff. It is what keeps our staff offering excellent service to everyone. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Chattanooga!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

We stayed here on the way home from Thanksgiving and then did some sightseeing in Chattanooga. It was a great budget hotel. Beds were good, towels were small but clean, microfridge in every room, and everything worked great including the free wifi. It's also located right downtown with very easy access and it's a stop on the free downtown trolley.

The real bonus to this hotel is that it's attached to the City Cafe, a 24 hour diner with the biggest menu and most amazing desserts you've ever had!

• Stayed November 2010
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

After reading these reviews, I was a bit hesitant to stay here, but went ahead and booked it as it had a great price.

The Room/Hotel: The room wasn't as bad as others have said, but it certainly is not a Hilton. However, it was clean and it served our needs quite well. There was a small fridge in the hotel as well. There was some noise from the outside, but not enough to bother us at night - You are, after all, staying in the city near a road - you should expect to hear some noise.

The location: The hotel is right on the free bus line which is handy to get downtown for the attractions and dinner spots. I never felt unsafe during either of the nights I was there.

Overall: The location is great and the price is cheap. I usually don't spend much time in my hotel when traveling for leisure so didn't need a high frills place. There was a more upscale hotel right across the street that was double the price - so unless you want to spend the extra bucks, this Days Inn should be good enough.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macman07
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Clean, comfortable, convenient. I had business in Chatt and booked online, the staff was pleasant and accommodating when I had to extend before I even arrived. The room was as described, the bed comfortable and the location safe and central to my business needs. The Days Inn is right on the free bus line that goes throughout Chattanooga. The bus helped make my stay very enjoyable as I did not have to drive and park and drive and park.

1 Thank vistaglass
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Dead cockroach on floor was a surprise
Light bulb out on bed side lamp
Plug for other lamp not working - plug was crushed behind sofa leaving the two bare pins sticking out of the wall socket - live!!!
Other than that - good
Message I got was - cleaning and making sure room is in order is not a priority with this hotel

• 3 of 5 bubbles
TGray724, Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for sharing about your stay with us. The items you mentioned are certainly in need of attention and I apologize that they were not properly working. It is not our standard to allow such conditions to go unnoticed and we have made the corrections to the room you stayed in. Occasionaly problems occur, but we are always willing to fix it immediately when it happens. Thank you again and we hope to see you back!
Milton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

We attended a conference at the conference and Days Inn was neat a nd comfortable, within walking distance from the conference Center. We had free parking and the staff was helpful for finding places and info on the hotel itself. Meals were discounted and good food.

Cleanliness
TGray724, Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay with us. Your praise of our great location and staff means a lot to us and encourages us to exceed everyone's expectations! We are glad that you chose to stay with us and look forward to the next time your travels bring you to Chattanooga.