“Good for the price”

Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed November 15, 2010

After reading these reviews, I was a bit hesitant to stay here, but went ahead and booked it as it had a great price.

The Room/Hotel: The room wasn't as bad as others have said, but it certainly is not a Hilton. However, it was clean and it served our needs quite well. There was a small fridge in the hotel as well. There was some noise from the outside, but not enough to bother us at night - You are, after all, staying in the city near a road - you should expect to hear some noise.

The location: The hotel is right on the free bus line which is handy to get downtown for the attractions and dinner spots. I never felt unsafe during either of the nights I was there.

Overall: The location is great and the price is cheap. I usually don't spend much time in my hotel when traveling for leisure so didn't need a high frills place. There was a more upscale hotel right across the street that was double the price - so unless you want to spend the extra bucks, this Days Inn should be good enough.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macman07
Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed November 12, 2010

Clean, comfortable, convenient. I had business in Chatt and booked online, the staff was pleasant and accommodating when I had to extend before I even arrived. The room was as described, the bed comfortable and the location safe and central to my business needs. The Days Inn is right on the free bus line that goes throughout Chattanooga. The bus helped make my stay very enjoyable as I did not have to drive and park and drive and park.

1  Thank vistaglass
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Dead cockroach on floor was a surprise
Light bulb out on bed side lamp
Plug for other lamp not working - plug was crushed behind sofa leaving the two bare pins sticking out of the wall socket - live!!!
Other than that - good
Message I got was - cleaning and making sure room is in order is not a priority with this hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
TGray724, Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Thank you for sharing about your stay with us. The items you mentioned are certainly in need of attention and I apologize that they were not properly working. It is not our standard to allow such conditions to go unnoticed and we have made the corrections to the room you stayed in. Occasionaly problems occur, but we are always willing to fix it immediately when it happens. Thank you again and we hope to see you back!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

We attended a conference at the conference and Days Inn was neat a nd comfortable, within walking distance from the conference Center. We had free parking and the staff was helpful for finding places and info on the hotel itself. Meals were discounted and good food.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
TGray724, Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay with us. Your praise of our great location and staff means a lot to us and encourages us to exceed everyone's expectations! We are glad that you chose to stay with us and look forward to the next time your travels bring you to Chattanooga.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

The hotel is centrally located and was more than adequate. It was a good value for the price.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank golden1987

Thank you for sharing about your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed downtown Chattanooga and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed here during the Head of the Hooch with several of my rowing friends. The property did not look like much from the outside, but we were all satisfied with our rooms. A bit worn, but very clean and comfortable. The room supposedly sleeps five, but there did not appear to be enough space for a cot in addition to the two double beds.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Upon check-in, I noticed that the rate was not the same rate that I had been quoted upon making the reservation. The woman at the front desk adjusted it without question even though I did not bring a printout of my confirmation. (I had reserved through the Day's Inn Web site so it seems odd the same rate did not show up in their system. I would be sure to bring a copy of your reservation.) We were also granted a late check-in upon request.

The location is excellent and we took advantage of the free shuttle several times.

The only other thing worth commenting on was that they asked at the checkout if we used the safe and if we had, they would have charged an extra $1.50 per day.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. Our top priority is to meet and exceed your expections and I am pleased that your expectations were met even when a problem occured with the reservation. We are glad that you and your friends chose to stay with us for Head of the Hooch and look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Days Inn provides good service, clean rooms and comfortable beds. We asked for a no smoking room and was very happy with the quality of room we had. The people at the front desk were friendly and Mike Patel went out of his way to provide great quality and was very attentive to our needs. Thank you so much Mike!

Jane Walls