“Good Location”

Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate
Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Clean room, good location. Easy to catch the free shuttle downtown. We were on the front of the hotel and there was a good amount of street noise. If we stay here again I would probably ask for a room in the back of the hotel. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Old CRT type TV, no flatscreen. We were allowed to check in early.The City Cafe is attached to this hotel which is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that the desk clerk would consider the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Friendly location in downtown Chattanooga for a very good price. Hopp on hopp off free city shuttle only 2 minutes walking distance. Clean and comfortable room with very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel discount for breakfast at adjoining coffee with good breakfast and self made cakes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello WRPECH,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate. Your feedback is very important to us and we certainly appreciate it. We do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. The downtown CARTA shuttle is a convenient way to see the best of Chattanooga - we're glad you utilized it. Also good to read that you enjoyed the City Cafe, which we think has the best breakfast and coffee in town!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Awesome employees, great location right on electric trolley route! Had to be the est deal for a downtown city hotel I have ever had, and we always stay at downtown hotels wherever we go!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 334gregoryl

Hello Gregory L,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate. We try and do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests and it's nice to read when we've succeeded. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chattanooga!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I were talking our son back to school. So we decided that we were going to stay in the downtown area of Chattanooga. Let me say that I'm from Chattanooga, and I know my way around town and alot of the hotels in the area. But I really wanted to show her downtown, and I also wanted to explore the new things that have popped up in Chattanooga because I no longer live there. So we decided to stay in this Days INN. THis was by far the worst hotel I have stay in in Chattanooga. The walls were thin, the room smelled of smoke (Non-smoking room) and to top it all off, we left the hotel at 9am to take my son to school. After a hard day of moving him in and making store trips, we returned at 9 PM. To our surprise, the room had not been serviced at all. When we called the front desk to complain, the lady at the front desk told us to come get some clean towels, and hung up. Are you serious!! I will never ever in the life of the world and all things that are holy, ever stay at this hotel again. The only thing they have going for it is the ALL City Cafe down stairs, which is excellent. Other than that, there are to many hotels to choose from, so don't pick this one, trust me!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hello GRYN57,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve all areas of our hotel and staff based directly on comments and feedback from our guests. I'll leave the same response that I left to your spouse earlier in the month about the same stay::

"We are terribly sorry to read of your uncomfortable experience. At Days Inn Rivergate our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations. Please always let us know immediately if there is ever a problem with your room so we can work to resolve it as your comfort is always our main priority. Especially in regards to odor - checking into a Non-Smoking room that smells like smoke is unacceptable and we have taken your housekeeping issues to Management.

Please also know that we are acting to correct our inspections so issues such as you've described do not slip through. We apologise for both of these issues and any inconvenience they may have caused you."

Again, we do apologise that we were unable to correct these issues while you were with us. Additionally the situation with our Front Desk Agent not being able to bring clean towels or send Housekeeping is being researched as that is not our standard here at Days Inn. Providing first class service is always our main priority and although we do not offer a "room service" running towels to a guest is never an issue.

Please contact me directly if there is a specific issue that you feel was not properly handled and I will be happy to assist you. I am available at nmonaco@3HGroupHotels.com

Natalie Del Monaco
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here. Upon checking in, the staff was very friendly and made conversation. Our room was clean and neat. The price was very good for the service & stay. There's free shuttle service right at the end of the property, but we didnt use it. The City Cafe was great too. We ate breakfast and grabbed dessert. The only thing was the AC wouldn't stay on permanently. It kept going on & off. But the room stayed very cool and the beds were super comfortable. I would stay here again if I got the same room!

• Stayed: August 2013