Days Inn by Wyndham Chattanooga-Rivergate
$142
$136
$100
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$76
Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$119
$100
Best Western Royal Inn(Chattanooga)(Great Value!)
$87
$83
The Chattanoogan(Chattanooga)
$200
$114
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

1,117 results
All reviewscity cafediner attachedroom was cleanhr dinerfree shuttleopen hoursstay there againdowntown arearoom keyconvenient locationcoffee makerfront desk staffstaff was friendlyaquariumattractionsdryerrates
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was skeptical at first because the hotel looked more like a motel and I don't like walk ups. I enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn Rivergate. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The location was near all of the downtown attractions.No outside noise from the highway on the other side of the fence. I will stay again. Nothing else to say. Great STAY!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate.
Thank you for your kind words. We are always pleased to read that our guests
are suprised and that their expectations are exceeded. We look forward to seeing
you again on your next visit to Chattanooga!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed December 13, 2012

When we first arrived at the hotel I was a little nervous because I am use to staying at hotels where the in/out door to your room is inside of the hotel premises (not on the outside). I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is an older hotel and does need a little work however the price paid along with the amenities makes this hotel a great deal! After staying at another hotel in Georgia where the room was $40.00 more, parking was another $8.00 and wi-fi was another $10.00 a day I was very happy to be here. The only problem that we encountered was when we arrived at our room there was no radio. We went down to the front desk to let them know and they were able to get us one right away. The food at the diner was unbelievably good and the portions are huge. There is 320 different items on this menu so if you can't find anything to eat you are a very picky eater. The diner does not want you to go home hungry. Also if you like pastries they have a lot to choose from. "Happy Hour" at the bar made me even happier. After spending $4.00 for a bottle of beer in Georgia you cannot imagine how happy I was to have a 32 ounce draft beer for much less! My husband was also happy because he could smoke in the room. If you are a traveler that doesn't mind staying in a older hotel then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children try to get a room by the pool. If the kids are older then you can check on them by looking out the window if your room is on the first floor or stepping out on the balcony if you are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Days Inn Rivergate has an excellent location on the free electric shuttle route and is just a short stroll from the Chattanooga Convention Center. You may also choose to rent a bicycle from the city's bike share program, which supplies bikes at many convenient stations in the area. It is a two minute walk from a nice Starbucks.

This hotel is half the price of other downtown hotels. The room is very small and the linens and pillows have seen better days. If I were you, I would not look too closely into the coffee maker; however, the rest of the room seemed very clean.

The primary reason for my "poor" rating is the noise level of the hotel. Besides traffic noise, we heard people yelling and honking horns in the parking lot throughout both nights that we stayed. I believe most of the noise was from patrons of the bar attached to the hotel, though some was from partying guests staying near our room. Neither of us got any sleep, and it was difficult to work during my two days in Chattanooga due to my fatigue.

I commented on the noise level to staff. The staff replied that "This is a college town", emphasized that Days Inn does not own the bar, and pointed out that Days Inn hires a security officer who she stated "does a great job" patrolling the lot at night. I disagree wholeheartedly. Obviously, the security officer did not have things under control both nights we stayed. Despite a college presence in town, a hotel should be a place where guests can sleep in comfort and quiet.

My general impression from the young folks staying in nearby rooms and the whooping and hollering and honking in the parking lot is that this is an affordable party spot for the younger crowd. If you are in town to party with a few PBRs and Mad Dog bottles, this is your place. If you want a good night's sleep at a reasonable rate, use Priceline to get a deal elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank alminavl

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate.
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to read about how convenient you
found our location. The free downtown shuttle is such an added value to our Guests
stay and does make getting about town so much easier.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chattanooga! Have a very
happy 2013.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I visited Chattanooga for 2 months and stayed in various hotels, some of higher star level. This hotel offered the best value. I paid more at other hotels but got nothing extra for it (maybe a fancier duvet). Plus, many hotels in Chattanooga are in boring locations. But Days Inn Rivergate is a mere walking distance to many local attractions (convention center, aquarium, symphony, etc.) and restaurants.

All the staff I met were very courteous and helpful. I found the room service to be consistently good. The diner attached to this hotel had excellent food and was open 24hrs.

If you are an outgoing person who will be staying in Chattanooga for more than a couple of days, then I would recommend this hotel due to its fair cost, location and courteous staff.

Room Tip: - Speak with one of the senior staff to see if there are discounted rates for extended stay. - If you have a room near the roadside, it may get a bit noisy at times during the night (fire trucks, people, etc.) - if you will be using Wi-Fi a lot, ask a staff member for a room with good signal strength
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business