“Ehh”

Ranked #24 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Greenville, South Carolina
“Ehh”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you're on a budget, this is a good place. And it's in the middle of all the popular attractions. The restraunt connected to it looked very nice and their food was delicious. But the lady at the front desk was very rude to us the few times we went to ask questions. Also, there's a bar at the hotel and quite a few drunks up all night during our stay. Other than that, though, not a bad choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa L
1Mick, General Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga-Rivergate, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We take great pride in our friendly, courteous staff. I am so sorry you encountered an associate whose actions didn't show how much we appreciate you, our guest. Thank you for your review

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Although the room was adequate for sleep, and the staff was attentive and friendly, my intention was not to stay in the room very much other than for that reason; however, one of my appointments had to cancel causing me to spend more time in the room than I had expected. While I was there, the wireless network was terrible. (only 5.5 – 10.5M) Due to the slow speed, I couldn't log into my office computer VPN nor utilize certain web sites that require higher speeds. The front desk was as helpful as they knew how to be and the service provider could not help since it seemed to be the hotel’s equipment fault and poor gateway distribution. As for the room, it was decent but nothing to write home about. (new or deep cleaned carpets and refreshed paint on the stairs and entryways would be a help) Based on the cost, I would still recommend it for site seers and vacationers who simply need a place to sleep. (Considering how cheap HDTVs are these days, it would be nice to have an up-to-date TV with more movie channels – in HD. I would pay another few bucks a night for that) I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone who needs to work though. You may want to call before you go to see if they’ve fixed the wireless problem OR if they have added a high speed wired connection. It is in a prime location for walking to restaurants (not the dive next door though unless you like grease – just a minute in the place made my cloths stink the rest of the day), sites, and entertainment. The free electric bus service was a huge plus for those who don’t want to walk. Overall, I would stay there again IF they get the wireless fixed.

Room Tip: *If on business, get a room right next to a wireless gateway, otherwise, you're toast for workin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry you had issues with our wireless during your stay. I understand how important this is when you are here to work. We are on a perpetual improvement program to update the rooms, the grounds, and stay up to date with the latest tech advancements. I trust your next visit will be a good one.
Chicago Heights, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here because it was close and affordable to the Children's Discovery Center and the aquarium. It was only for one night. It is an older hotel. Rooms were clean, front desk staff very helpful. It's a nice location to park and take the CARTA electric transportation to the downtown area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sewfastnow
Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We really did not have much time to enjoy anything in Chattanooga. The Days Inn was our stop on a 13.5 hour day and, let me tell you, we all slept really well!

We arrived at Days Inn right at midnight after a very long day on the road. The gentleman working the desk looked up my reservation, had me sign the paper, and gave me my keys. The entire check-in process was less than five minutes!

As we walked through the hotel, some parts seem dirty and dingy. The elevator had a college dorm smell to it and the exterior hallways looked like they could use some TLC. However, the rooms were excellent! The beds were nice and comfortable to get a good night's rest after our long day.

The Days Inn Rivergate is a nice place to stay. The staff was friendly and the rooms were excellent. Aside from the few minor areas that looked like they could use some attention, there was nothing about the hotel that would keep me from staying there again. And, being in downtown Chattanooga, it is close to a lot of fun activities for a couple or family!

1 Thank ronniesherard
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staff was very friendly from reservation to check out. Great location in downtown Chattanooga within alking distance of the aquarium and other attractions. This hotel is little older but they have a decent job trying to keep it up. We had 2 rooms, one was the suite and was very spacious for a our 5 chlidren and we had the king regular. Both the bathrooms were very clean and the showers had good water pressure. We went for lacrosse tournament and there were several baseball tournaments that weekend as well and the entire hotel was booked but the staff was very helpful in getting everybody checked in in a timely manner. We received a reduced price due to being part of the tournament who had a special price for a set of blocked rooms so it was a really good value.
Overall I was very satisfied with our stay and would stay again next year.

1 Thank Tony K
Kentucky
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Don't always go by reservations as to room availability, also check the hotel, we were told there were no rooms but when we called the hotel there were rooms. Our room was clean and comfortable. There is a diner connected to the hotel that gives a 10% discount if you stay at Days Inn. The food was ok but not hot. We were downtown and there was a free shuttle that picked us up at the hotel and took us around town. There wasn't alot to interest us downtown so I would probably stay at lookout mountain next time.

1 Thank jadajag
Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very easy to find, right off HWY, staff was very friendly, room was clean. Perfect location, restaurants and bars within walking distance, although city dinner on site (24 hours) was great place to eat also. Would definitely staff at this hotel again next time in Chattanooga.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends