“Great hotel for the price in downtown”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great hotel for the price to stay downtown. If your a platinum member this hotel definatley treats you well and will upgrade to a nicer room if requested. The breakfast was about the same as every holiday inn so not frills there. The location is about a couple blocks from a few restaurants and a bit of a hike to the others but on a nice day this is ideal. Location though, I would not walk alone at night but thats any city. Hotel is very clean and very professional staff. No complaints here as everything was very enjoyable on a business trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback. We are so glad you chose to stay with us even though we may not have been in your ideal location I am glad that we were able to meet your needs and hopefully exceed your expectaions. Come back and see us again real soon.

Joclyn Foster

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel finding it to be very clean and tidy, in a good location and operated by very helpful staff. Great value for money and we would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words regarding your stay. We are so glad you chose to stay with us. We hope you come and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

An impressive building with a good sized free car park. The reception staff were all very polite and helpful. Good sized clean room and excellent bathroom. This one of a number of HIE premises we used during our holiday and each were of a very high standard. The price is affordable, the hotel was in a good location with easy access and the free breakfast provided us with a good nutritious start to the day. The other big bonus was the free Wi-Fi. As we were on a driving holiday it was really important to have good quality wireless access to provide us with information on the next part of our journey and contact with family back in the UK.

We fully enjoyed our stay in Chattanooga and this visit was enhanced by a stay in this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am please that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we were the hotel you chose to stay at, and I hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel was well presented and clean. Nice furnishings and style. The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast (free) was very adequate with good selection of cold and warm foods. Location was good for aquarium and central Chattanooga sites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself. We try to make sure that all of our guests have a pleasant experience and it looks as though you did just that. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is definitely a good value as we checked other hotels in the downtown area and this one was the best value for the price. The hotel itself and rooms are immaculate and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They go the extra mile to make people's stay comfortable. We traveled with my elderly parents and their refrigerator was not working in their room. The staff came up and took a look and replaced it with a new one. It really is not within walking distance to downtown, but we found it to be within just a short drive to the places we wanted to go. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us. It makes me happy to know that the staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at ease. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the fridge not working in your room, I am happy to know that the staff was able to get you another one quickly. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff was sooo nice!!! Especially "Lulu" and Samantha. The building was nice. rooms were nice and clean and quiet!!! close walk to the convention center. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was really good. I would definitely stay here again. Nice pool and workout room. I wish there was a hot tub though

Room Tip: I like ac unit noise personally and I stayed on the fifth floor. ac running all night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, I am also happy that the staff was especially accomodating to your needs. I really hope you guys come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

First off, if you want to be within walking distance of downtown this is probably not the hotel for you. It's a good distance from the main action in downtown Chattanooga and is a bit less than a mile walk from the business end of downtown. Also, the internet service, while readily available is spotty and slow which is not something I expected since I stay at HIE all the time and have never had this problem. The only other negative would be the fact that the shower head in my room was not good and even my wife didn't like it. On the plus side though the free breakfast is actually very good and plentiful. Great mini-biscuits, good meats and eggs, (that actually don't taste like the powdered version) and coffee that is decent. Also wasn't too crowded on our stay, so the breakfast room was pleasant. The room size is great with lots of room but we had a king suite so I can't speak for the other room sizes. Also this hotel is new and VERY clean which is very important when your on the road. Pleasant front desk people and a free newspaper never hurts. If you could move this hotel about a mile SW and keep the same price, this would be a near-perfect hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street side of hotel because there is a lot of noise on the street s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sizzla36
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We value your feedback. I am glad that you thought of us when you planned your visit. I am sorry that we weren't as close to downtown as you had liked. I want to aplogize for the inconvenience that you experienced while you were with us. Please know that we are looking into this issue and it will be resolved. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you consider us again in the future when you visit Chattanooga.

Thanks