“Pleasant and clean”

Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasant and clean”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel was well presented and clean. Nice furnishings and style. The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast (free) was very adequate with good selection of cold and warm foods. Location was good for aquarium and central Chattanooga sites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for your comments regarding your stay I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself. We try to make sure that all of our guests have a pleasant experience and it looks as though you did just that. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

JFoster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is definitely a good value as we checked other hotels in the downtown area and this one was the best value for the price. The hotel itself and rooms are immaculate and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They go the extra mile to make people's stay comfortable. We traveled with my elderly parents and their refrigerator was not working in their room. The staff came up and took a look and replaced it with a new one. It really is not within walking distance to downtown, but we found it to be within just a short drive to the places we wanted to go. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us. It makes me happy to know that the staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at ease. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the fridge not working in your room, I am happy to know that the staff was able to get you another one quickly. We hope to see you again soon.

Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff was sooo nice!!! Especially "Lulu" and Samantha. The building was nice. rooms were nice and clean and quiet!!! close walk to the convention center. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was really good. I would definitely stay here again. Nice pool and workout room. I wish there was a hot tub though

Room Tip: I like ac unit noise personally and I stayed on the fifth floor. ac running all night
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, I am also happy that the staff was especially accomodating to your needs. I really hope you guys come back and stay with us again in the future.

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

First off, if you want to be within walking distance of downtown this is probably not the hotel for you. It's a good distance from the main action in downtown Chattanooga and is a bit less than a mile walk from the business end of downtown. Also, the internet service, while readily available is spotty and slow which is not something I expected since I stay at HIE all the time and have never had this problem. The only other negative would be the fact that the shower head in my room was not good and even my wife didn't like it. On the plus side though the free breakfast is actually very good and plentiful. Great mini-biscuits, good meats and eggs, (that actually don't taste like the powdered version) and coffee that is decent. Also wasn't too crowded on our stay, so the breakfast room was pleasant. The room size is great with lots of room but we had a king suite so I can't speak for the other room sizes. Also this hotel is new and VERY clean which is very important when your on the road. Pleasant front desk people and a free newspaper never hurts. If you could move this hotel about a mile SW and keep the same price, this would be a near-perfect hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street side of hotel because there is a lot of noise on the street s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sizzla36
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We value your feedback. I am glad that you thought of us when you planned your visit. I am sorry that we weren't as close to downtown as you had liked. I want to aplogize for the inconvenience that you experienced while you were with us. Please know that we are looking into this issue and it will be resolved. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you consider us again in the future when you visit Chattanooga.

Thanks
J. Foster
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Myself and 2 other co-workers stayed at this hotel for one week, we have enjoyed our stay here at the hotel, we came for a 40 hour training for work, the training was grueling and I have to say the hotel staff, made coming back from work much more do-able. They were all very gracious and considerate, Samantha was amazing, everyone that worked our rooms, Tamaru, Mildred, and Claudette kept my room cleaner than I do, having OCD that means a great deal to me. Staff over all was very attentive and prompt to meet any requests we may have had the whole week. Maintenance was asked to fix a lamp and it was done immediately, he was leaving to go home and Samantha asked him to come back in and fix the lamp, without hesitation he turned around and gave us his full attention. Location off the interstate was very convenient, rooms were very comfortable and clean, pool is heated and the jets are amazing after a long day. Desiree has the spirit of friend as you enjoy her labors each morning eating breakfast. Everyone on staff we came in contact w/was very considerate and more than friendly. We will absolutely stay here again.
Niki

Room Tip: had a corner room, it was bigger than my co-workers, but all were great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased that our staff was able to make your stay feel like you were at home. We take pride in making sure all of our guests feel comfortable and at ease when they walk into the door. I really hope you come back and visit us again in the future. We really appreciate you, you are a valued guest.

Sincerley,
J Foster
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night while driving through Tennessee. The rooms were standard and very clean. It was very easily accessible from the expressway. Although it is near downtown, I would not necessarily consider it "in" downtown. It is still a little bit of a walk or a short drive. Although parking spaces are plentiful, the charge a small fee (<$5 a night).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snsmith27
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us. Although we may not have been in the center of the city I hope you still found it easy to access the downtown from our location. I hope you come back and visit us again in the future.
Thanks for staying with us

Jfoster
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at this hotel while I attended a meeting at the nearby Convention Center. Everything and everyone at the hotel were top notch, and we enjoyed our stay very much. Convenient location, very nice rooms and facilities, and very friendly staff. Samantha who checked us in and Desiree who does the breakfast were especially warm and welcoming. Curry Smith is an excellent general manager, and it is evident throughout the hotel. He and his assistant Aleshia were extremely kind and helpful to both me and my wife and gave service that was exceptional. This hotel, manager, and staff deserve the highest commendations in every area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott N
Joclyn F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that the staff went out of their way to make your stay so great. Please dont hesitate to stay with us again in the future. Your feedback is very valuable to us in making all of our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. Thanks again!!