“pleasant and clean place to stay and not far from attractions.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“pleasant and clean place to stay and not far from attractions.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

we stayed one night with our family with young children ,staff were friendly .Plenty of food on the breakfast too.the children enjoyed the swimming pool ,there was plenty of clean towel on the pool side to use. clean bath room and water was so nice and hot in the shower too.bedroom had two double beds and was very comfortable for a good night sleep.
We woul stop again if visiting here again.we visited the aquarium and had a walk along the riverside walks.pity the weather was raining all day .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Rosslyne,

Thank you so much for the great review! Everything that you have stated is absolutely correct. Whenever you decide to head back to our area please give us a call or visit the front desk and we'll give you some great ideas for restaurants and other attractions in the area. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later my friend.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a king whirlpool room recently for a weekend getaway. We were happy with the hotel's location, and we felt safe in the area. It is a clean, newer property which was nice.

However, I was very disappointed in a few key areas where there was a lack of attention to detail. 1) Our room deadbolt did not lock. My husband had to literally lift the door up and into alignment so that the door could be locked securely. The hotel's own reading materials say to lock "all locks" to the room, but we couldn't. This is unsettling. 2) The bathroom had stoppers in the sink and bathtub that did not work. The bath stopper was not functional (missing a screw) and the sink stopper was loose and came off. 3) The beds were extremely firm and there was some kind of plastic mattress topper that was crunching beneath us. It would come loose and create an even more uncomfortable sleeping surface. 4) When we went to watch TV, the channels would change at a snails pace when using the remote. I have never seen such a slow lag time when using a hotel TV.

Normally, I love HI Express, but this one was a confusing mixed bag of disappointment. I am not usually one to complain in reviews unless my experience is poor. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christiekersch
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I am sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service your deserved during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Downtown Chattanooga. We apologize for the issues in your room and I have been working with the maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. If you return to our area, I hopw you'll stay with use again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
Jackson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My family stayed here for two nights in October and loved the place. Everything was updated and clean. There was a football game the night we arrived and the place was packed but at night we never heard any noise. It is very convenient to attractions like the childrens museum and aquarium among other things. The indoor pool was heated and towels were furnished for you. The workout room was right next door and you could see in from the pool if that bothers you. The staff was great and very nice. The breakfast was your typical HIE and was good. The room we had was a double queen. We had a little one with us and with all the toys the room did get a bit cramped so if you have children you may need a bigger room with a pull out sofa for added room. The beds were so comfortable. The room was clean and nice. lt was decorated with pictures of local scenery. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you have more than one child you may need a bigger room then a double queen.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Good Morning,
I am so happy and thankful for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Downtown Chattanooga. I have read the staff your comments and they were truly touched. I hope that the marathon went well and that I will be seeing you for the next one.
Best Wishes!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for one night last weekend; we were in town to run the 7 Bridges Marathon. It is a nice place, and had everything we needed (a clean, quiet room with two beds, and a very easy check-in and check-out) and some stuff that was a nice surprise (several HBO channels, for example). It was very close to the interstate, which made it super easy to get in and out of town. It wasn't noisy, and there was plenty of parking (the parking fee is $3/day -- not bad).

They are very helpful, too: the remote wasn't working -- the front desk promptly brought up batteries. My friend forgot her razor -- one was sent up. They also worked with us (sort of) on late checkout. The latest check out they have is 12, but I wasn't going to be done with the marathon in time for us to check out by then. They wouldn't officially budge on 12, but they did say that we wouldn't get kicked out of the room at 12. So we go back to the room around 11:50 and the maid is already in the hall cleaning the room beside ours, but she didn't even knock on our door while we were getting ready. When we came back out around 12:20, we saw she'd skipped our room when she saw us go in, which was nice.

The one thing that annoyed me about our room was that there weren't heavy curtains we could pull closed to block the light, and we were on the second floor facing the parking lot. I always have an eyemask when I travel because I know I'm sensitive to light when I sleep, and my friend wasn't bothered at all, but it was still annoying. Aside from that, we had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Good Morning,
I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Downtown Chattanooga and thank you even more for your kind words. I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience with us and I hope to see you visit again soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

For this business trip I needed a place that was easy to get in and out of, and one that was convenient to the many places I would be visiting in Chattanooga. This HIE did just that. The room I had on the top corner was just what I needed, with a large bathroom, comfortable desk chair and plenty of space for one person. Breakfast was included and was OK—not the easiest menu for a person trying to eat healthy, but what I had was tasty and well-stocked. They easily accommodated my early check-in, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cwkessle
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later my friend.

Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I frequent this HIE on business travel, and have no major complaints. The rooms are clean and comfy, and it is in a good location for walking throughout downtown Chattanooga. The few complaints I do have are that the TV's sound is messed up...the volume bleeds in and out, and is very annoying. I have stayed there a total of 4 times throughout this year, and it has been the same in every room on every trip. When you call the front desk, they just tell you that someone will be fixing them the next week, and I guess they don't expect you to come back often enough to tell the difference. Also, for such a large hotel, the breakfast area is really small and gets very crowded.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dawn M
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. We are aware that some of the TV's are having issues and we have ordered a number of new TV's to fix the sound issue. We are now in the process of programming all of the new TV's as well.
Thank you again for your comments and if there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.
The General Manager
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

The biggest problem was under-staffing. The poor woman working at the front desk was very overwhelmed; from when we came in at 6 until about 11, there was always a line of people trying to get assistance and the phone was ringing constantly. (she was working hard, just needed help.) Breakfast was good, but again. the person restocking needed help. She was working fast, but could not keep up with the demand. Our room was nice and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Kekrista,
Thank you for your feedback. We take our Guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommadation received and I have taken note that the staff might need more back up on busier nights. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.