“Grand Illumination Christmas Boat Parade”
Review of Blue Moon Cruises - CLOSED

Blue Moon Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blue Moon is a 77 foot luxury cruiser offering eco-tours and evening cruises on the Tennessee River in Downtown Chattanooga. From both decks you will have great views of the river and all the abundant wildlife. January and Feburuary the Blue Moon moves to the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge about 30 minutes north of Chattanooga to experience the amazing migration of 15,000 SandHill Cranes and nesting Bald Eagles. Cruise dates and times vary based on the season. All trips include a meal- group and youth rates are available.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The staff of the Blue Moon went above and beyond to make sure that their guest needs are met. My family is going to make this a family tradition each year. What a wonderful experience. The food was great. We are looking forward to making plans for other cruises that the Blue Moon offers.

2  Thank Tracey A

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Did the fall canyon trip. Colors weren't quite at peak yet, but we enjoyed the relaxing ride and the narration from Captain Dave. The boat is roomy and comfortable, with very clean restrooms.

Coffee and pastries were offered in the morning and a nice lunch of BBQ sandwiches was provided later.

We had a short bus ride back after the cruise, and there was some confusion on the part of the driver that delayed our departure, which was a bit irritating. A minor negative for an otherwise great experience.

Parking access is very convenient, and the overall cruise was a great value for the cost. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank 698bobs
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A friend and I wanted to see the TN River from the river and found this business online. They told of possible animal and bird sightings and offered a meal on board for the 2.5 hour cruise. What they didn't tell about was the very entertaining and knowledgeable narrator and his crew.
This was one of the most courteous, warm and super welcoming "to do" items I have ever visited.
Thank you folks so very much for the experience.
I don't know if I will make it back this year, but I am going to try.

5  Thank Cheryl Ann W
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife & I have been on numerous eco excursions, on both land & water. there are 3 river cruise ships in Chattanooga. However, only the BLUE MOON is focused on wildlife which is why Tish Gailmark, naturalist at the Arboretum & Nature Center recommended the Blue Moon. This is because of Capt'n Dave's knowledge.

We've listened to David Haggard, west Tn naturalist at Reelfoot Lake State Park, 3 times & Doris Maggard twice. Both do wildlife talks & tours with live raptors in hand. We were very impressed not only with Capt'n Dave's knowledge of Chattanooga history but also of his wildlife knowledge. He navigated not down the center of the river but within 50' of shore to get a closer look at numerous turtles & great blue herons. plus the highlights were 2 cormorants (a diving, fish catching, odd duck looking bird) & an immature bald eagle.

The delicious smoked BBQ lunch was outstanding & was only missing baked beans.

If you're looking for a speed boat Disney ride, like the Tn Aquarium Explorer, then the Blue Moon isn't for you. But if you are looking for great wildlife viewing then you've found the right boat in Chattanooga.

6  Thank bobglass1958
See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I took his 85 year old Dad on this trip because he had never been through one of the locks on the TVA. We had a wonderful day, one he will remember forever. There were only about 12 on the boat, so we had plenty of space and the crew was wonderful. They serve a buffet style BBQ lunch which is very good. The beverages were out the entire trip and the food was served for at least 3 hours. The total trip is about 5 hours and is very interensting. The captain invited my Father in law up to the pilot house while we were in the lock and gave us lots of interesting information. We spent a lonely day on the lakes, one we will not forget. Everyone should do this cruise at least once.

3  Thank kinzukid