“LOVED THIS!!!!”
Review of IMAX Theater

IMAX Theater
Ranked #23 of 154 things to do in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: A 3-D movie theater thats always a hit with the kids.
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We went first to see the Ocean Journey and WOW!! It was AMAZING!!! The 3D was great and it was such a great and educational movie. We liked it so much that we went back and bought tickets to the Amazon Adventure. I wish I had known that was all about Darwin, but it was interesting none the less and the scenery and everything was also wonderful. I wish we could have seen the hurricane one, but it only played at 6 p.m. and we couldn't stay that late.

1  Thank trip507
"downtown"
in 10 reviews
"school"

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We followed a trip to the aquarium with the ocean imax film. It was basically what you would expect. The theatre was noce, the movie was okay.

1  Thank Foodieatheartinky
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We stopped for the space movie on the way back home from Atlanta. Our son is fascinated with all things space. This movie was very informative, great graphics, and we all loved it and learned a lot. We hope to make a 3 day trip to the Chattanooga area in the future and we will be stopping by the IMAX theater again! Be sure and check out all the beautiful pictures in the lobby of the theater. We spent 30 minutes just looking at the photographs.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

We had a discount ticket for IMAX and Amazon Adventure was playing next. That sounded good, maybe a journey on the Amazon River, a little exploring the rainforest, seeing all types of wildlife. It ended up being a true story of explorer Henry Bates' 11-year journey through the Amazon rainforest in the 1850's. I liked that it was a true story and Bates had quite the adventure but it wasn't what I had in mind.
I did enjoy the popcorn and they have a lovely gift shop. All the employees were nice, the screen is huge and the place is well kept. The 3D glasses seemed to be above average quality. Maybe I will see the space movie next time and I'll be sure to read the movie details so I will be prepared.