“Top Notch Salad Bar!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Top Notch Salad Bar!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The salad bar here is incredible! There are so many different items to choose from to have a healthy wonderfully delicious salad! Quinoa dishes, orzo pastas dishes, brown rice dishes, many different types of tofu, all types of vegetables, tuna and chicken salads, nuts, fruits, dried fruits, etc. Endless salad possibilities. Look for the sesame ginger scallion dressing! Super good! Weighed at checkout and charged $8.95 per pound.

Some of the employees here are quite nice, especially in the meat department. I've often found them quite helpful. However, most of the employees seem a little edgy and moody. They're definitely not into customer service and probably need to work on that.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good stuff”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Love the salad bar and the yummy looking cakes. Fun location. No bad lines. Eat there and people watch.

Visited February 2013
Russellville
“Pricey but great food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm not really into the whole self-righteous greenie lifestyle, but this place is a great place to get lunch. They are pricey on their food, but it's the only place I have found that the food isn't drowning in grease. If you like the organic thing you will be thrilled. They have a great variety of cheeses and beers too.

Visited January 2013
TN
“Good selection, annoying experience.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been patronizing Greenlife for quite a few years. Now that they're owned by WholeFoods, it's started changing (some changes have been for the good and others for the bad). Anyway, I particularly enjoy salad bars and such, so I visit Greenlife often for that reason.

The selection of organic foods is very good, and in my opinion is better than Earth Fare and the Fresh Market (the only other legitimate 'organic' supermarkets). You definitely pay for the good selection though. If you have an electric car you can charge it there, and there are a lot of other shops around like Rock Creek, Trek, a toy store, Chattanooga Shoe Company, etc.

I have a plethora of reasons for giving it only an average rating, but I'll just give you a few. First, as others have mentioned, the area is incredibly pretentious and, at times, borderline unbearable. Lots of staff members and a large portion of the patrons who frequent Greenlife are also intolerable. Recently, I got stuck behind an elderly woman pushing her buggy (we wall move at different speeds, so I wasn't bothered by it), but since she was going slow, a young hipster chick ran into the back of my foot with her buggy. Not only did she not apologize, but when I turned around to see what was going on, she gave me the stinkeye. There are people like said hipster chick who are everywhere in and around Greenlife, and you have to be ready to ignore their in-your-face rudeness. Sticking with this idea is the big supply of parents with small children running wild in the grocery store too. Just a few nights ago I was perusing the hot bar, making myself a salad, when I overheard a set of parents saying 'no honey, don't touch that.' I ignored that the first time, but then they kept saying 'stop touching that!' So I finally looked over, and their 2 children were sticking their fingers in every item on the salad bar (including the mediterranean tuna salad I had just chosen). Needless to say, I was ready to lose my mind at such a pathetic example of parenting. I chose to finish my salad and GTFO. A third and final example was a few months ago, when I was in a long line to pay for my groceries. Out of nowhere, this dude forces his way in front of me and cuts in line. I responded by saying, 'dude you're really gonna break in line like that?' He responded by apologizing with a douchey attitude and saying he'd go to the back of the line. I told him he was welcome to keep the spot in line if he would lose his douchey attitude. He was, to say the least, slightly offended. Anyway, I mention these instances because, if you're like me and get easily annoyed by people who are incredibly rude and inconsiderate, you may want to think twice about going into Greenlife. Then again, if I can handle it, so can you.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank cdog423
new york
“For all the things you miss...”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Like a Whole Foods, this place has the expensive organic goods, a great salad bar, breakfast bar—and t-day bar too—as well as many options on gourmet items, and in/outdoor seating so you can gobble it up. Not to be forgotten in the Spirits shop(!) where they have a wide variety of local concoctions! Stellar!!

Visited November 2012