“Skip it”
Review of Rain Thai Bistro

Rain Thai Bistro
Ranked #71 of 839 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Rain Thai Bistro we are located at 6933 lee highway suite 400 Chattanooga Tennessee 37421. For those of you that are local we are in the same building as the Rush Fitness Complex on Lee hwy. Rain offers an Atlanta style atmosphere with waterwalls surrounding the entire restaurant and traditional thai in floor pillow seating located in the center part of the restaurant called the Rain Room. In addition to a full traditional style thai menu we have award winning sushi and a full service bar as well. Rain has won the Best of the Best Thai restaurant three years running. Come visit us today we are very eager to serve you and meet any and all of your expectations. Our motto is " Your Satisfaction is our Success"
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I've heard several people talking about it so we had to try. Sorry I did.
When we arrived, hostess asked how many and I told her 3. Of all the open seating, she took us to a bar booth that was tiny. Maybe for 2, but not 3. Very narrow table and not so comfy seats. I ordered a bottle of Chardonnay and it was warm. So now I'm not too impressed. We ordered two appetizers (fresh spring roll and dumplings). Our waiter wouldn't allow us any time to enjoy the wine or hav conversation. Every 2-3 minutes would come ask for our order. I had to keep asking him to give us some time so we could talk...didn't happen. We were tired of pressure to order, so we ordered. As you probably can see, our food came right after the appetizers arrived. No room on table for all!
Food was ok at best. The appetizers awful. Fresh spring rolls sticky, warm, no flavor and dumplings were soggy and doughy. More dough than stuffing.
We were rushed when check came and he kept trying to take my signed receipt before we finished our last bit if wine. I wouldn't let him...
I might try again to see if this was a one-off bad visit, but it won't be anytime soon since there are so many better places in area. Sorry!

2  Thank spiderelliot
There are newer reviews for Rain Thai Bistro

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I thought the food was good and reasonably priced. I had sushi, and while it was good, the portions of the cuts were too small. But, this is primarily a Thai restaurant and the rest of our meal was very good. Our server was excellent.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hands down the best Thai restaurant I have ever dined at and I have lived in major cities around the world. It's worth the little extra money than other places in the Chatt area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been to Rain several times and every time it is just as good as the last. I love the atmosphere, especially the rain room. It is very relaxing and the food is a good value for the money. My favorite item on the menu is their spring rolls. I can make a meal of just them. However, I have tried several items on the menu and I have yet to find anything bad. Remember, this is Thai food and their spice level is not a normal spice. I would not go over medium spice unless you are for sure you can handle it...its easier to go mild or medium and ask for the spice rack to be brought to your table!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love sushi, and let me tell you, Rain has the best sushi around. And for lunch you can get 3 sushi rols for just $10.00.