“Don't waste your money,there are better motels for the same price in the area.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #70 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Dickson,Tn.
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Well-we got there on a Sunday in a torrential downpour.Hopelessly lost,I called the motel and talked to the desk clerk Richard(who was the only bright spot of the whole experience).Following his directions we arrived at the motel,got to the room and really weren't impressed.First of all,we had asked for a smoking room with a balcony and found out that all the second floor rooms were non-smoking.Needless to say,we had a view of a strip mall parking lot where we made good use of the balcony to smoke on!We also did not have a fridge of microwave,and when we asked the manager about it the next day,he promised us one which was delivered to the room,but the fridge didn't even keep the bottled soft drinks cold and there was no way to adjust the coldness.
They promise wireless internet access,but when I turned on my laptop,nothing happened.I have personal business that I take care of every morning on my computer,and just the fact that I had to go down to the lobby in front of everybody was a bit unsettling.
The continental breakfast was a joke.Sour cheese cubes and watered-down 2% milk is NOT my idea of a good way to start the day.
Which brings me to the last thing I look for in a hotel-the pool.The pool was passable.My children and I were the only ones using it the whole week it seems.The only problem I had was one day both the umbrellas were closed and I was trying to open it.Since I am only 5foot1 I had to lift the umbrella out of the holder to reach it.When the manager saw this,he literally FLEW out the door like I was trying to make off with it.
My trip to Chattanooga was beautiful.My stay at this particular motel was not.Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
US
Reviewed March 9, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was very average at best. The continental breakfast was disappointing. Waffles, hard biscuits and nasty gravy were the only hot items. By the time my parents went down to get breakfast at 8:30, they were out of waffle mix. The only fruit was some vey overly ripe oranges. This hotel apparently does not have enough travelers to hire someone to do the breakfast area. The gentelman behind the front desk was out there taking care of things.
In fact, when we checked in at 8:30 on Friday night, the parking lot was empty other than 2 or 3 cars. I mentioned this to the desk clerk and he said that they were only at 25% capacity for the night and most of their guests were out doing something. I've never pulled into a hotel and seen so few cars after check in time.

The rooms were very average. Our room had black mold and spider webs in the shower. The fan in the bathroom did not work. The bed was comfortable. I did like that the sink was outside of the bathroom.

At checkout, there was a young Arab girl at the front desk obviously working on some type of homework. She continued to work on her laptop for a minute after I told her I needed to check out. Her whole attitude during the checkout was horrible and it seemed like I was bothering her. It took her forever to complete checkout so I could leave.

Overall, if you are looking for a decent rate, then this is an okay place to stay. Just don't expect anyone to go out of their way for you here.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank wolf8278
Tennessee
Reviewed October 11, 2007

We stayed overnight at this hotel after reading the reviews here at tripadvisor. It's a CLEAN room that I want. And that's exactly what I got at this place. Even the hallway leading to our room smelled clean., which I find unusual compared to most hotels. The only complaint that I might make is that the rooms do not have an alarm clock. Otherwise, I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — No alarm clock
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank justanut
Florence
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Loved the little balcony off our room, it was an added bonus. The room also had a fridge & microwave. The hotel was easy to find and in a quiet location. We did not eat the breakfast provided, but looked like the typically cereal, doughnuts, coffee & juice.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Hitchcock, TX
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We stayed here one night on a stop to Pigeon Forge. It was a very nice hotel with Very Friendly staff. Beds were good and room had plenty of space for our family of 4. The pool was kinda of plain, but served our purpose of getting wet and having a little relaxation, no Jacuzzi though. We also enjoyed the breakfast, They had the usual continental; Waffles, pastries, Fruit, etc. They also had cubed cheddar cheese, which I have never seen before, it was a nice addition to our all carb continental breakfast during our 9 day trip. I highly recommend this hotel for Price and Cleanliness. Although it is 15 minutes from downtown.
BTW, we really enjoyed Chattanooga, except for the Ghost Tour.

• Liked — Room/Price
  • Disliked — No jacuzzi
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank CampFamily
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2007

This hotel was nice and clean. The breakfast bar though was fair. Walking distance to several restaurants. While this hotel is not in the middle of things for tourist places, it was an easy drive to get there.

• Liked — The price we paid
  • Disliked — the breakfast bar
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank knr
Charleston Wva
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I am a employee of choice hotels and I was treated terrible at this hotel the manager as well as front desk clerk was very rude I asked for a rollaway bed and never got one it was needed they acted as if I had tried to trick them about my employee discount called and verified through my job then still was questioning me took me a total
of 40 minutes to check in I normally do not complain about hotels but this one was just not a great experience for me

The room they gave me had red koolaid or something all over the wall and Crayon marker all over the floor the wall paper was torn the beds
are also double beds not queens so if you plan to stay here you better keep in mind that they wont give you no rollaway beds and the beds are small I think if they placed Queen size beds in there that would help since they say that rollaway beds are against fire code

also keep in mind this hotel sets almost on Interstate and the noise is awful

• Liked — toilet worked
  • Disliked — rude staff
Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank poohkins

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Econo Lodge Airport
Motel 6 East Ridge
Motel 6 East Ridge
#78 of 97 in Chattanooga
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ooltewah Springs-Chattanooga

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!