“Another example of Choice Hotels going down hill.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #70 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Another example of Choice Hotels going down hill.”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Dirty hotel. If we didn't have to be at a conference 15 minutes after checking we would not had stayed. It was ok because we don't have little kids but I'd never take a child to such a grungy hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank IMIUBU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed here with my 3 young children, one is asthmatic. The smell in the room was terrible! It was a mix between wet paint and wet dog. The breakfast was fine and the staff was ok, but when I complained about the smell the clerk simply said she would make a note of it. It made me think that she hears these types of complaints all of the time. Definitely not a good nights sleep:(

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Maynardville, TN
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My mother, daughter, and I needed a hotel to stay in for one night before returning to Children's Hospital in Chattanooga the next day for more tests. Since my daughter has a lot of back pain, we were hoping to find a hotel that had a comfortable bed and pillows. I called my son and had him check TripAdvisor to see what the ratings were for area hotels that we had a coupon for. We were very pleased with our short stay here. My daughter said that she had such a comfortable sleep that night. We were unable to try the breakfast, as my daughter had to fast the next morning. We look forward to staying again, as we plan on staying the night before my daughter's upcoming surgery.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed one night here on our way to Florida, making reservations on the road. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the desk clerk who gave the impression that we were interrupting some serious TV watching. As we unpacked, my husband discovered he had not packed any deodorant. He went to the desk, as in the past we have been given free travel samples/toiletries and was told they didn't have any deodorant, but he could get some at Wal-Mart. The clerk then proceeded to give him directions to Wal-Mart, which included going past a Walgreen's! (Can anyone say "kickbacks" from Wal-Mart?).

The room itself was adequate, with a very comfy bed and pillows. The bathroom, however, could have been in a Hollywood horror flick. There were gaps in the tile floor where we could see through to the sub-floor (mold?), the wallpaper was peeling horribly, the shower curtain rod was torn loose from the wall and there was a lot of water stained/damaged ceiling tiles.

We did not partake of the breakfast offered, primarily because we noticed it being set up at 2AM, shortly after we checked in. I realize a lot of early risers like to eat at 6 AM, if not before, but don't you want it fresh?

Since our stay was only one night on the way to something better, we stayed. But I would not recommed this hotel to anyone, especially anyone with children. After all, if this is how they take care of a bathroom, how do they take care of the pool?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
missouri
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We recently stayed one night at the Comfort Inn on the way home from vacation. I chose this property because I had some free Choice points to use, and it had decent Trip Advisor reviews.

The hotel was easy to find and was conveniently located - just a minute from the highway. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We were looking for an ice cream place, and he even called to check their hours for us after giving us directions. The room was spacious, and we had a private balcony that overlooked the pool. Everything was clean and comfortable. I cannot comment on the breakfast offerings as we didn't eat at the hotel.

My only complaints were that the hotel does not have an elevator, and there was an overwhelming floral scent in our room. I usually don't mind if there isn't an elevator, but we had quite a bit of luggage that we had to haul up the stairs because we didn't want to leave things in our car overnight. The floral scent must have been some type of air freshener, but it got much worse when we turned the air on in the room. My husband has asthma and I have allergies, so we both spent the evening sniffling and coughing.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again, and I would recommend it for travelers in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Knoxville,TN
Reviewed April 17, 2010

A group of us came down to play in a softball tournament in Chattanooga, and we found the Comfort Inn on the same exit. The manager and staff were friendly and helpful. We will stay again at the Comfort Inn if I come back for another tournament. I love it that it was less than one mile from the ballpark. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Picked this motel over the other Choice Motels i checked out on here. Room was pretty nice. Their gravey was tastless even with salt & pepper added,,and it was close to I-75 so kind of noisey from highway traffic. Glad i had a GPS to find my way around. Was not far from Rock City & Ruby Falls. All in all it was Ok.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Econo Lodge Airport
#78 of 97 in Chattanooga
Best Western Heritage Inn
Best Western Heritage Inn
#24 of 97 in Chattanooga

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!