“Good place to stay for a cheap price.”

Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #45 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good place to stay for a cheap price.”
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Some friends and I stayed here Oct 2005, so we could visit the haunted attractions that Chattanooga has to offer. From the moment we arrived we were treated really good. It was getting late and we wanted to find some where to eat and the desk clerk suggested a place not far from there named Patrick's. I am glad she suggested this place because the food was really good. As far as our rooms they were clean and had everything in them you needed. We all have talked and when and if we ever go back to Chattanooga we will stay here. Everything is so close to this motel, so you dont have to be driving all day to see the great sites.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Pageland, South Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My family stayed at this Days Inn from Dec 25 thru 28, 2005 and had no problems at all. The pool is small, but Ok when you have it to yourself. I would stay here again.We got a rate of $42 a night and this was a perfect location for Lookout Mountain attractions. This could be a plus or minus depending on what you like, but they were building a Super Wal*mart right up the road.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank Marty C
Naperville, IL
Reviewed August 25, 2005

It's a shame that the hotel has an idea location for overnight travelers and great views of the mountain surrounding it, but the hotel itself needs more than scenery to improve itself. The hotel staff was friendly, and the continental breakfast was adequate, and that's a plus. However, the room was just ok sized, and it needed fixing. Tile in the bathroom in our room was coming off. The worst part of the hotel was the "swimming pool". It should actually be a hot tub, only it was missing jet sprays. It was small, and filthy. I never saw green water in swimming pool before, and my skin felt itchy after dipping in it.

If you want a more relaxed experience at a hotel in Chattanooga, go to another place.

3 Thank Cincowego
Reviewed July 27, 2005

I stayed in this hotel two separate nights. The first nights stay was nice, the rooms were clean and all seemed well. I checked out and made pre-paid reservations to return the next night. I was able to get the same room I had stayed in previously. Upon entering the room, it smelled as though someone had pooped in the bathroom just before we entered it. Upon checking farther, I noticed a towel left hanging on the back of the bathroom door as well as soap paper that had been left behind the door when we stayed on the 5th. I went down to the front desk to check and see if the room had been cleaned that day. According to the front desk, it had been signed off as though to have been cleaned. Needless to say, someone had to come change the sheets and clean the room. The same towel and soap paper was still there after the second person "supposedly" cleaned the room. Chalked it up as lesson learned and went on. The next morning when getting ready to leave and head back home, I found my vehicle had been broken into and my video camera stolen. I called the front desk and let them know. The front desk contacted the police department. We waited and waited with no contact. I called the front desk and asked them how long I would have since it was approaching check out time. The front desk said I would need to be out by noon (check out is 11:00am). Housekeeping was nice and told me not to worry about anything. Chattanooga police finally contacted me after I had called them a second time. I asked when an officer was going to come out and do the report and was told they don't do that, they take burglary claims over the phone. The hotel had surveillance cameras but I was told by the grounds keeper there were no recording devices hooked to those cameras. Security of my vehicle was in the hands of the front desk, who apparently doesn't keep an eye on the security cameras. Needless to say, I will not be staying at that location ever again.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2005

This hotel was cheap. And the location was good, a bit out of town, but nice setting and near restaurants. Those are the only two things going for this place. The first night we were put in a room that had *huge* holes in the bathroom wall. I mean, gaping, you could see into the corridor from behind the toilet. We were tired and had an infant to get settled, so figured that we'd ask to be moved in the morning. I went to the bathroom during the night, turned on the light, and, you guessed it, it was *swarming* with roaches. Absolutely everywhere. Not to mention the domestic dispute in the room next door that we had to complain about three times. We were moved in the morning to another room. This one overlooked the interstate and had a broken seal on the front door (the door was actually bent), so we could hardly hear ourselves think.

The rooms were old and very shabby. Holes in the wall, plaster coming away, fixtures in bad shape. Floors were filthy. The lobby was a joke. Very tacky. "Breakfast" consisted of two little tables *in the lobby* where you could sit with your cereal from the dispensers. They had nothing more to offer. The pool was tiny and in bad shape. The lights didn't work in the dank little room, so it was a dark swim or nothing! We chose nothing.

This hotel had 5 sunbursts. I have no idea how it received this rating. Our only thought was that they'd mistaken it for one of the other Days Inns in Chattanooga. And if not, heaven forbid that you try one of those! I would recommend this general area (Tiftonia/Lookout Mountain), but *not* this hotel!

• Stayed November 2004
2 Thank NicolaSpringfield_IL
Reviewed November 7, 2004

For only $45/night, what can you expect? A Pretty good 2* motel. I took my kids to Chattanooga to do Rock City/Aquarium/Ruby Falls and wanted a NICE cheap place. Well, THIS IS IT! Clean rooms with mini-fridge, Microwave and INDOOR pool. Made our trip easier! Front desk was very helpful in finding restaurant first night (kinda late, too) and gave us great directions to eat and to the tourist sites! Even knew that Ruby Falls had a Halloween 'Nightmare' Event for my teenagers! (Better than the regular tour!) The 'back side' of the motel is quieter and more private, but the road noise is really at a minium, and the steep incline up to the motel from the access road kept Big 18-wheelers from stopping to get some shut-eye (They always seem to wake me up when they leave at 5 am!) The continental breakfast is not much (stale doughnuts and weak coffee) but there is a waffle house next door and a Cracker Barrel close by! For these prices, we sprang for a more substancial meal. My little one enjoyed the pool while the big guys were being petrified at Ruby Falls. Chattanooga is SOOO safe and easy to get around in, we dropped off the big guys at Ruby Falls, went to get a bite and then waited at the pool for them to call our cell! NO PROBLEM!! And don't miss the AQUARIUM . . .

• Stayed January 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2004

I worried what kind of motel could we possibly get for $36 a night but it was very good. The room was clean and roomy with an inroom fridge and the pool was clean and warm. The decorating was not exciting but was adequate. We were also given a cot for our child for no extra charge. Comlimentary coffee and donuts are offered in the morning in the office. For $36 you can't go wrong. We dined a Los Margueritas (left at the light, then almost to next light). Great food, wonderful service, dirt cheap prices.

6 Thank Tolmansweet