“Great Price, Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West

Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Memphis
“Great Price, Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

My husband and I have never stayed at a Days Inn, but the rate on a room at this property was too good to pass up. We were in town to check out the Tennessee Aquarium and Rock City. This is a great location, not far to drive to attractions and conveniently close to the 24; we were at exit 174 and the downtown Chattanooga exit was 178. We did not have any problems checking in, the room was just like any other motel room. We did not notice any odors of any kind as written in other reviews. I do want to say though, that when you have an indoor swimming pool like this property does, the room will smell like chlorine. Its just a given being an enclosed space. I just wanted to point that out since some people complained about the smell. It is not strong and smells like a swimming pool should! It is small, in an octagon shape so you cant swim laps or anything, but its perfectly capable of accommodating families with small children who want to go swimming. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. There were donuts, mini bagels, toast and cereal. My husband and I were fine with cereal, but there were only two choices; fruit loops or corn flakes. There is a Wal Mart up the road though. Overall, I was happy with our stay. We came to spend money on touring Chattanooga, not on a five star hotel stay, and this was right up our alley. I will absolutely stay here again if we are ever in the Chattanooga area. The view from the motel is beautiful!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Westfield, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

My wife chose this as an overnight rest stop mostly based on their dog friendly policy. It's conveniently located near the highway, atop a very steep grade (be careful on the way out; the gouges in the pavement show what effect it can have on your car).

Check in was quick and very friendly. The price was very reasonable, and there was no extra pet fee or deposit. We were able to park right outside of our room. The room was spacious and everything seemed clean except for the carpet, which should be cleaned or replaced. Since it appeared that about half of the rooms rented that night had at least one dog as an occupant, I assume that would account for the slight odor that others have described. The property is cut out of a very steep hillside and there wasn't space for a dog exercise area.

The bed was average, though the sheets and pillowcases appeared to be near the end of their useful life and all of the pillows were very thick. Traffic noise wasn't an issue, though the occasional door slamming and the group talking very loudly outside of the door were noticeable. A dog in another part of the property was left alone and was barking incessantly. The breakfast choices were cereal, doughnuts and bagels.

If you're traveling with a canine partner and are looking for an affordable place, this is a good choice; otherwise, you might want to consider other options first.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeverUnpacked
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

Location was good. Beds slept well, matress comfort a big thing for me. TV picture was great. Shower with it's adjustable head gave a good message. Room wellequiped with microwave, fridge, coffee maker, hair drier, iron and ironing board. Indoor pool perfect for kids, young and old. Overall a good value. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

When we pulled up the drive way was nasty and there was a waffle house beside the hotel with people standing outside watching us. The breakfast was just cereal and old doughnuts! The pool was like a large hot tub but not hot. The room me and my husband stayed in had holes in the walls and the tub leaked. The only thing good that I can say is that it was extremely close to attractions, and thats it.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
pelham al
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

I usually stay at a Days Inn to get a good basic place to sleep at a reasonable price however I will never stay at this one again. The staff was friendly but the room was awful. It smelled so bad that I had to keep the door cracked open. (It was late saturday night on labor day weekend so we didn't attempt to find another room). I wish someone could pinpoint the smell, it was a musty/cat urine/vomit kind of smell as described in other reviews. Maybe that pool on the second floor leaks or something. Otherwise it is very convienent to downtown Chatt and was quiet in spite of being right off the interstate. There are lots of motels in this area, I will pick another one next time. Sorry Days Inn, you usually get my vote.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

Beds and rooms were wonderful, daytime staff was very nice. Pool area was nice, however, women do not be in their by yourself. A man came over from the truck lines across the street while i was their with my grandaughter and mother and he started telling me he liked my tatoo, how old was I and that he was looking for a girlfriend for the nite. I hate to think what could have happened had their been just teenagers in there by themselves. I'm not too sure that the man from the hotel that check on the pool and restroom didnt send him over. I didnt feel safe after that. I just kept thinking what am i going to do if he grabs my grandaughter who was only 7. otherwise it is in a convenient location to attractions and interstate. rooms are nice and they are replacing mattresses although there didnt seem to be anything wrong with them.

• Liked — price and clean
  • Disliked — weirdo at pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2007

My friend and I take at least one, maybe two road trips a year. We are from Detroit. Somehow we always end up in Chattanooga on the way home. We happened upon this place by chance one night. We stopped at the Downtown branch but they were full, and referred us to the Tiftonia hotel. We have never had any of the problems mentioned in the previous reviews.

The staff is always friendly and helpful. Once I accidentally confused our reservation date, and came a day late, and the staff was more than happy to accommodate us still. The breakfast is more than adequate. Cereal, bagels, donuts. Sometimes there have been waffles and hard-boiled eggs. Always fresh milk and juice.

It is nice to grab some breakfast and sit out in the parking lot and watch the sun come up over the mountain.

The room has always been MORE than adequate for $50/night. We always get a double - I will agree that it has smelled musty every time we have stayed. We have never had issues with cleanliness or noise.

Because my travel companion is a bit paranoid we always stay on the second or third floors, and we have always felt very safe.

Stayed March 2007