“Terrible!!!”

Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 9, 2008

When we pulled up the drive way was nasty and there was a waffle house beside the hotel with people standing outside watching us. The breakfast was just cereal and old doughnuts! The pool was like a large hot tub but not hot. The room me and my husband stayed in had holes in the walls and the tub leaked. The only thing good that I can say is that it was extremely close to attractions, and thats it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2008

I usually stay at a Days Inn to get a good basic place to sleep at a reasonable price however I will never stay at this one again. The staff was friendly but the room was awful. It smelled so bad that I had to keep the door cracked open. (It was late saturday night on labor day weekend so we didn't attempt to find another room). I wish someone could pinpoint the smell, it was a musty/cat urine/vomit kind of smell as described in other reviews. Maybe that pool on the second floor leaks or something. Otherwise it is very convienent to downtown Chatt and was quiet in spite of being right off the interstate. There are lots of motels in this area, I will pick another one next time. Sorry Days Inn, you usually get my vote.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Beds and rooms were wonderful, daytime staff was very nice. Pool area was nice, however, women do not be in their by yourself. A man came over from the truck lines across the street while i was their with my grandaughter and mother and he started telling me he liked my tatoo, how old was I and that he was looking for a girlfriend for the nite. I hate to think what could have happened had their been just teenagers in there by themselves. I'm not too sure that the man from the hotel that check on the pool and restroom didnt send him over. I didnt feel safe after that. I just kept thinking what am i going to do if he grabs my grandaughter who was only 7. otherwise it is in a convenient location to attractions and interstate. rooms are nice and they are replacing mattresses although there didnt seem to be anything wrong with them.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2007

My friend and I take at least one, maybe two road trips a year. We are from Detroit. Somehow we always end up in Chattanooga on the way home. We happened upon this place by chance one night. We stopped at the Downtown branch but they were full, and referred us to the Tiftonia hotel. We have never had any of the problems mentioned in the previous reviews.

The staff is always friendly and helpful. Once I accidentally confused our reservation date, and came a day late, and the staff was more than happy to accommodate us still. The breakfast is more than adequate. Cereal, bagels, donuts. Sometimes there have been waffles and hard-boiled eggs. Always fresh milk and juice.

It is nice to grab some breakfast and sit out in the parking lot and watch the sun come up over the mountain.

The room has always been MORE than adequate for $50/night. We always get a double - I will agree that it has smelled musty every time we have stayed. We have never had issues with cleanliness or noise.

Because my travel companion is a bit paranoid we always stay on the second or third floors, and we have always felt very safe.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed March 23, 2007

We stopped through Chattanooga on our way back from Florida. Apparently, there was a convention downtown. We could only find ONE room left in all of Chattanooga, and it happened to be at this hotel. As I opened the door to the room, a mildewy, musty smell hit me in the face. Upon examining the room, I saw why the room smelled. It hadn't really been cleaned. The sheets were all rumpled at the bottom of the bed (where feet would have been-can't smooth out those wrinkles!) so I had to call for clean sheets. When I entered the bathroom, there was pubic hair in the tub, on the toilet and floor. I had my daughter change into her swimwear and Daddy took her to the pool while I went to the nearest store and bought my own cleaning supplies. (They offered to let housekeeping come back up and re-clean, but I couldn't rest at ease letting them do it again.) As I walked back to the room carrying cleaning supplies, another guest said, "ha-ha! You have to re-clean your room too? Ours was filthy!"
After my cleaning episode, I went to join my family at the POOL.
(If you want to call it that!) It appeared to be more like an octagon sunken into the floor and filled with pond water! The pool area was SO slippery that, my child, and 3 others fell numerous times. One of the little girls that fell actually got hurt pretty badly.
I was very disappointed with this hotel. If you are stuck in a bind-my best advice is to stay at your own risk! If you have the ability to drive to another town, please do so! If you can make reservations elsewhere, don't hesitate!
Very disappointing, Days Inn.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank 110509g
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We decided to go on a long weekend with our small kids to some of the Chattanooga attractions. We only stayed here one night. It was aweful.....so disappointing. It's old and very basic. We drove around the back hoping to see a pool but didn't see one. We thought we'd check with the desk just in case there was an enclosed courtyard that we couldn't see. Sure enough, the employee said that they had a "freshwater pool." Not sure what that term is supposed to mean exactly but we fell for it. The pool was actually on the second floor and was completely enclosed in a small room. It was like an oversized hot tub. Cheap plastic lawn chairs and the smell of chlorine was almost at a toxic level.
The room was aweful and just felt dirty. It smelled kinda like cat urine. The bathroom was digusting. Staying at this hotel was the damper to our whole get-a-way.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank themountainclan
Reviewed June 21, 2006

I changed my reservation to this hotel from the Days Inn Downtown after reading awful reviews. I can say there weren't any motorcicle gangs here, but this place is devoid of any real positive virtues. A plain room, reasonably clean. That's about it. Donuts and coffee for breakfast in the lobby. I went to the Waffle House next door. The hotel is just off the freeway exit on a steep hill. A Wal-Mart is about a half mile away. Again, not much to this place.

• Stayed: May 2006