“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Austin
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The room I stayed in was all one could ask from a budget hotel. It had obviously been upgraded recently. The beds were comfy. Flat screen was a good size. Microwave and fridge were a big help. The bathroom was basic, but everything felt clean and new in the room.

The property itself could be better. The pool was just larger than hot tub size, but who really goes to a Days Inn for a pool experience. Might be fine for a family with small kids. Breakfast was as mediocre as any continental breakfast I've had, but there's a restaurant next door if you want to pay for breakfast.

Overall, I was very happy with the value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
majikpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We appreciate your stay with us while visiting Chattanooga. As
you mentioned our rooms have been recently renovated. We hope
to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Parma, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel boasted recent renovations to the rooms, which included a small fridge. Not fond of exterior entrances which aren't the safest. The bathroom was very small and lacked sufficient ventilation to stop condensation during a shower. Also, both ice machines were empty. Free continental breakfast was hardly worth mentioning. The seating area doubled as the "lobby" in the cramped front desk area. Overall, it was fine for an overnight during a road trip.

Room Tip: Just ask for a different room and they will happily oblige.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
majikpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback
and we thank you for staying with us.
Ardmore, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for over a week recently. While the decor is dated, the rooms are clean and have fridge/micro combos. Wifi and cable tv are free and the breakfast will keep you from going hungry. The indoor pool is a bit small but well maintained. The best part of this property is the staff. Carolyn is wonderful and will go out of her way to accomodate any needs you might have. For the price and location, I would stay here again if I had the chance.

Room Tip: The back side of the motel is quieter and get breakfast early.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
majikpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We greatly appreciate you taking the time out of
your day to write this review. We are happy to
know you had a good time while staying with us.
Thank you for recognizing our staff and we
look forward to seeing you in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I were looking for a clean room to sleep in for a recent short trip to Chattanooga. I was reluctant to even book a room with the mixed reviews, but decided to give it a try, my mistake! Upon entering the room the smell was atrocious. It smelled of stale smoke and mildew. The sign out front claimed the all rooms were recently remodeled and now all smoke free rooms, it was apparent our room was a former smoking room. I sprayed it down with some deodorizer and decided to try and make the best of it as it was already 9pm, second mistake! Here's the deal closer for me, I made an early morning bathroom trip and upon cutting on the light discovered the bathroom was full of roaches! Needless to say we all got up, packe our belongings and left! I was refunded the rest of our stay. The staff member at the desk was very nice, and apologetic. She assured me it would be taken care of. A little to late for me. We ended up doing the things we intended in one day and just returning home. I felt the need to go home and wash, spray down our belongings! I didn't expect a five star establishment for the price we paid, I did however expect a clean roach free room!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
majikpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We apologize for the issue you encountered while staying
with us. We also appreciate you letting us know of this
matter when you checked out of our hotel. The problem
has since been taken care of and we sincerely hope you
will give us another chance in the future.
Valencia, Bohol, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just want to say that I hardly give reviews. However, for this hotel I have to give one. My family and I stay here last night during our trip to Lookout Mountain, access was great, and it was close to where we visited and places to eat. Check in was a breeze and the lady at the front was very helpful, even offered me her dinner. The room was clean and smelled fresh, not like a dead dog or 100 year mop water. You can tell it has been newly renovated, brand new flat screen, new shower, and etc. I got to say, Mike Patel the manager, knows how to take care of an establishment, this place is 100% smoke free. We will be staying here again when we visit the Aquarium.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We here at Days Inn try to make our guest stay as
pleasurable as possible. It is good to know when
we have succeeded. Thank you for taking the
time to let us know and we look forward to seeing
you again when you return to Chattanooga.