“Not very pleased with our stay”

Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived and parking was terrible due to semi trailors around the parking lot. We checked in, and walked into a dirty room. The carpets were terribly stained, there was dust and cobwebs at the tops of door frames, one of the pillows had a stain on the pillow cover, the mattress' were worn out. I found out when I checked out they were doing some remodeling to the hotel. I wasn't informed in any shape form or fashion the hotel was being remodeled or would have stayed somewhere else.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I choose this hotel from Wyndham Rewards as it was a half way stop from my home to St. Louis, MO where I was going to attend an MCCW conference. The hotel was convent and right off I24. I had no trouble booking my rooms to and from St. Louis. There was 6 women travel to the conference. The hotel was clean and very nice when we arrived late at night. My only problem was when I check the return reservations they were not their and I had to make the reservations again. I usually stay at Day Inns when we travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
A Wyndham traveler
OZARK

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked this room several months before our stay. The pics on the website looked pretty decent. Well them pics are false. It took us a least 15 mins to get into our room due to the key card not working like it should. The outside of the building is a nasty dark brown. Our room smelled of old cigars. The sink area was dirty and the faucet rusted.The floor wasnt even vaccumed.I got up about 445 in the morning to use the bathroom. Well when I turned the light on ROACHES everywhere. Even all over the tolit. I told my husband get up we are getting out of here.The woman at the front desk all she could say was im so sorry. We will have to get it sprayed. I was pissed off.The place is roach infested bad. Its dirty, nothing has been updated. Still has 80s border on the walls. You could see roach residue on the walls. The pics on the web site have gotta be from a different holtel. DONT Stay here its Roach Moltel HELL. The bathroom and room as well was covered in them. They need more than bombs to kill of the Roaches. Its not worth wasting your money on.

Room Tip: Run like hell
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were there for one night in May 2012, passing through on our way to FL. I was relieved that I hadn't paid much for the room. It was outdated, had a dingy feel, hair in the sink, and beds were uncomfortable - had that creepy feeling that the room may not be thoroughly cleaned regularly. It was very busy there that night & a lot of the guests made us feel less than safe by loitering and lurking around (although that is not necessarily the hotel's fault). The pool area was very dimly lit which only added to the dirty feeling that the pool room already had, and the pool water was not really as clear as it should have been also. And again, creepy guests in the pool as well. I was very reluctant to let my kids get in. Breakfast is a strong word for what was offered in the morning. It was pretty much just packaged danishes & microwaveable oatmeal, etc. We probably could've eaten the same from a vending machine. Interestingly enough, on the way back we really didn't want to stay at this hotel again, so we chose a Baymont right up the street - same price and waaaay better room, atmosphere, pool & breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family