“Nice staff, clean room.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West

Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #45 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Austin
“Nice staff, clean room.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I liked the location for this motel. It is not too far of a drive to the local attractions. My room was clean and the ladies at the front desk were helpful.

I took the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway from bottom to top. I hiked at the Point Park while on top of the mountain. I almost did not go into the park because I thought it was just the part that you can see from the entrance. It has very nice views and hiking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Toccoa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

do not get a room faceing the west.the sun hits these rooms in the afternoon and the a/c cant keep up.i went to wal mart and got a cheep fan.the room ,bath and bed were clean.dont expet much at the free cont.breaf. i did feel safe here.all in all this place is just okay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tunica, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in August. I called first to get a price as we were arriving to the area from Georgia. I was quoted $64, when we got there she said $70. I told her of the discrepancy and the nice lady gave me a great price of $147 including taxes! I was thrilled & tired so we took it sight unseen. We entered the room and it was a double bed, when I asked for a single. Went back to front desk but that was all they had, so we kept it.

Room was decent, had fridge, microwave, clean tubs & 25" tv. I checked the beds and found no bugs and clean sheets. The beds were comfortable but the tv was a little difficult to operate. The parking is limited. There was a 24hr Waffle House just steps away from the hotel so that was very convenient. The hotel location was very close to Lookout Mtn activities & only 10 minutes from downtown. We stayed on the 1st floor facing the street, it was very quiet and we were never disturbed. Ok hotel but I would not pay $70 per night for this room (I think the extra amenities are what drives the price up, not room quality).

We always missed the breakfast & didn't see the indoor pool. On the morning of our checkout, I did see a bug crawling on the floor. Might have been a roach but I hope it was a beetle, lol. Also, we left an item in the room and they called us within 1 hour of checkout and held it for us...nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vincennes, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in early August the night before heading to Ruby Falls and Rock City. The location of this hotel is great for attending these two attractions as it is in very close proximity and priced low. However, the lock to our room was difficult to use and took almost 20 minutes for us to get into our room. The hotel is located very close to the interstate and you can hear the traffic throughout the night. Bring ear plugs or a box fan to drown out the noise. Parking was horrible as we had to park on the complete opposite side of the hotel and walk to our room, carrying our sleeping 6-year-old.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paducah, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

we had a reservation made and when we got there check in was pleasant but upon arriving to the room we found cockroaches climbing up the bath tub wall and on the bed and i complained to the front desk and she moved us to another room on third floor and it was the same way as the 1st room was and my husband fell out side of the pool door and i told the lady at the front desk and she just said oh no didn"t even ask if my husband was ok

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We Stayed in this Hotel on our way to Seiverville TN Last Weekend for 1 night. I booked it without checking tripadvisor just because i thought we would'nt arrive until very late and would only be sleeping there. However I booked 2 rooms side by side and arrived early around 1pm. After arriving the family commented on how we were in the ghetto because of all Bums and Crack heads walking by. But All in All we were safe on the third floor and it was'nt quite as bad as i thought it was gonna be of a night. The Pool Is hot in the Summer and I would Reccomend anyone with a family only stay here if your just for the night. I did see 1 small spider but there were no Bed Bugs as many have commented. Overall the room was average and the view was alright from our room. One thing i Can say is it was only 10 minutes from everything I mean it was perfect for getting to places and back quick.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor and facing lookout mountain
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Folsom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband had a roach crawling on him during the night. In the morning, I moved the face towel that was rolled up on the corner of the vanity and FOUR (4) roaches fell out.

Our room was supposed to be non-smoking but when the door opened, the smoke and moldy smell hit you in the face.

My husband took the 4 roaches to the desk clerk who was supposed to talk to the management about it and get us a refund. A month later, I called and was put on hold for 5 minutes, 13 seconds. I called back and was put on hold again. Someone unable to help me took a message. The manager called back the next day and was very rude. She said she had no record of any such event and HUNG UP ON ME!

Room Tip: Find another hotel. This one was filthy and unhealthy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family