Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #47 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Orleans, Indiana
“NASTY”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We could not get the wi-fi to work so I tried to call down to the front desk and saw this (photo) phone didn't even work. Both beds were 'V' shaped. When I sat down on the edge, I about fell backwards on the bed. By husband and ended up nearly sleeping on top of each other. I said 'nearly' because neither of us got much sleep but the kids seemed to be sleeping OK and we had been up since 4:30 a.m. (until almost midnight).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Atlanta
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Good-The bed was comfortable and the sheets appeared clean.The indoor pool was nice and warm, although small. The Bad- They were little gnats flying around, the soap was like lye soap, The staff was ok, except for the guy who kept walking by the pool, every 5 minutes looking at us! The funny-The had the Iron bolted to heavily to the ironing board you could not even use it! Had I not got a good deal on the room through Priceline, I would have been mad! Next time, I will stay in Downtown Chattanooga.

Room Tip: Try another hotel :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have honestly ever had. I only stayed at this hotel a total of about four hours as I quickly had to leave due to safety concerns and the unbearable atmosphere and noise level at this hotel. After I got up to my room I found that the door handle was broken and I found it very difficult to get in. Once I got into room it seemed like the door was unable to completely be secured additionally which was concern number one. The biggest problem came however with the tailgaters in the parking lot grilling, playing beanbag toss, drinking, arguing, and yelling (bear in mind this was a Tuesday night and there was no game or anything like that going on). Who does this at a hotel on a weeknight (I saw on others reviews of this night that this party went on til 4:30 or so the following morning). Are you serious?? No security, no hotel staff intervention, nothing. This Days Inn seemed like a construction worker extended stay efficiency unit and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. This one experience has turned me off to all Days Inn which is very unfortunate. Just as a side note, the room was also very outdated, smelly, and dirty (front desk staff was nice but unfortunately unable to handle any of the problems that night, and was pet friendly which were only pluses). I also ran into other travelers that night who I heard voicing their concerns from that night. I'm curious to find out what the deal is with this particular hotel?

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Todd B
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I live in hotels 9 months out if the year and this was the most comfortable 1 night stay I have had in a long time. Beds were very comfortable, the AC unit worked great, and the shower was hot and had great pressure. The towels were a little scratchy but come on its a Days Inn I wasn't expecting a silk robe hanging from the door!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The location was convenient for access to hiking points, I asked for a room with a view which they accommodated so we were able to see the city line and beautiful green area in the morning which was nice. The room was clean, we enjoyed the indoor pool. Breakfast was a little barebones but at least they had it to offer for the low price we got our room! If needed to stay in Chattanooga again we would def repeat at Days inn on Lookout Mtn!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank CorinaM0311
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The rooms were dirty and outdated (we did not even bring in our bags)! Door to room would not open or close properly. Parking lot party until 4:15am! Front desk staff had very limited knowledge of the area churchs, restaurants, etc. Would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Booked this hotel through Hotels.com more than 3 months before our arrival date. Booked non-smoking, adjoining rooms. Upon arrival we were placed in rooms on different floors, both of which are smoking rooms. The rooms smell terrible, have cigarette burns on the comforters, one rooms window is broken, neither door shuts correctly, and one room's bathroom has no toiletries. The hotel management blamed hotels.com and hotels.com blamed the Days Inn. I would never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. Saving a few bucks on the room was not worth it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family