“NO INTERNET AT ALL”

Days Inn Chattanooga Lookout Mountain West
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed August 7, 2011

there is no internet service in this hotel and the front desk couldn't care less. would never stay here again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Made the mistake of not booking ahead, but may have been pointless anyway because there were softball tournaments going on and hotels were slammed. I guess I ought to be thankful I didn't have to sleep in my vehicle, but the price for this room should have been around $49.00 at best. Stains on the ceiling, bathtub was painted with paint peeling, trash on the outisde walks, carpet dirty and the pillows didn't smell fresh. It's just an old motel, in desperate need of refurbishing. Staff was friendly, but when you walked into the lobby to check in, it was evident someone was smoking and really reaked. This is where the continental breakfast was to be served, but I passed on that one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here July 1 through the 5th while visiting Chattanooga.

The Good - Location was excellent and staff was very friendly and helpful with directions.

The Bad - Wifi did not work more than an hour or so each day. Most of the time we couldn't connect and the office staff apologized but we never got any results as far as getting the problem fixed. Many guests were upset about this.
Second day, the maid popped in and asked if we needed anything. I told her we needed trash can liners and towels. She returned sometime that day when we were out and placed towels and liners on the bed. On the third day, the maid knocked on the door at 8:30 a.m. and I told her we weren't up and she could come back after 10:00. She never returned. Fourth day, the maids came in and cleaned the room but removed the pillow cases and said they would have to bring us clean ones later. We didn't get any pillowcases until late that afternoon. I wanted to take a nap but didn't want to lie on pillows without covers. Gross...
Continental breakfast was supposed to be served until 10:00. I only went down twice and both times it was around 8:30 and there was nothing left but cereal and coffee.

The Ugly - The pool was a tiny thing. It looked to be about 15' around. It was indoor and the room was hot and smelly. Felt like a sauna in there. The bathroom had mold and mildew on the ceiling and seams of the shower enclosure.

Was it so bad it killed our vacation? No. Did it do anything to enhance it? Certainly not. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My family (me, husband, 12 & 13 yr old) stayed here on our vacation to Chattanooga and Ocoee River. The location is great -- just off I-24 and only 10 minutes from downtown area. The room was fine. It's not a luxury hotel so the furnishings & decor are not anything to ooo and ahh over, but the room was clean (though it could use updating) and had microwave, refrigerator, tv, table with chairs, sink w/ vanity . . . plenty. We did swim in the pool (except me because it was too cold) and my kids had fun there. The pool is small (about 25 ft.) and is indoor. The room it is in is a bit dark, but not a problem. We ate the breakfast 2 mornings that we were there and it is your typical value hotel continental breakfast. Coffee, juice, milk, cereal, donuts, toast/jelly, bagels/cream cheese. Just ok, but served the purpose. There is a Waffle House right next door if you like that. The hotel is pet friendly and a saw several families with their dogs. The only problem was that there is only one small grassy area for the dogs to go. Overall, we enjoyed our trip and our stay at this Days Inn. It is a value motel, and I feel that we got a great deal for the price we paid.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TennesseeTeacher
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Wonderful hotel. Amazing views. Freindly staff. Clean rooms and a great indoor pool. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stopped in on a Friday evening to get a good nights sleep. The front desk clerk was very cheerful and helpful. We asked for a room on the back side away from the interstate noise. The grounds are well taken care of and clean. We got a 2nd floor room on the end and it was very quiet. The place is old and needs some updates but everything worked well and the water pressure was great. Microwave and refridge in the room which was nice. Upon check out the clerk was very nice and efficient. We did not eat there but walked down to the end of the driveway to eat at Wafflehouse. For a place to sleep I would certainly recommend it. Got value for the price.

Room Tip: Backside, 2nd floor room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I am finishing my stay here in Chattanooga Tn...The Days Inn looks upon the Mountain Areas and the view is spectacular. I am here for business and the staff both in the office as well as house keeping are second to none
The breakfast is nice, the rooms are very clean and the customer service has been fantastic. A great internet connection, which can be unusual in this area.
I recommend this Days Inn very highly for business travelers and Families alike.

Room Tip: Use the Wyndham Rewards site for the best pricing
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business