“Nightmare”

Ranked #52 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
A TripAdvisor Member
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed August 26, 2003

I booked this hotel as an inexpensive romantic night out for my husband and myself. Being a travel agent, I am well aware of the fact that you get what you pay for. I bought the most expensive room in the hotel (the jacuzzi suite). At over $100 per night, I was sure that it would be at least a quiet, clean place to relax. Upon arrival, I was given the smoking suite, though I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant. I'm not quite sure that cigarette smoke was the only reason this room smelled so bad, but I couldn't stand it and asked to be moved to a nonsmoking room. In my new room, I wanted to take a soak, but the jacuzzi tub had a nasty ring around it and the hairs I found all over the bathroom floor were suspect. All in all, I was disgusted from the moment I checked in.
There were pillows on the bed that were supposed to have white backing, they were practically black with God knows what. I killed a bug, and went to the front desk to let the clerk know the room was unacceptable.
Though I had been at the hotel a total of about an hour and a half (attempting to give it a chance), the clerk informed me that I would not receive a refund, that he could send a maid. HA! I told him that a maid couldn't fix what was wrong with that room in one trip. The only plus was the sincerity in the apology from their corporate headquaters, as they explained that there was nothing they could do, and that the hotel owner at the Guesthouse Hamilton Place, refused to reimburse me in any way whatsoever. The gentleman never even bothered to call me and ask about my complaints. I must note that this Guesthouse is a franchise, and therefore individually owned. Well, I am a travel agent and I will advise my clients against this property. It is the worse place I have seen in years. As a courtesy to any unsuspecting travelers passing through Chattanooga, don't let this place ruin what could be an other wise pleasant stay in beautiful Chattanooga.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers also viewed these Chattanooga hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Chattanooga/near Hamilton P
Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#49 of 96 in Chattanooga

Been to Athena Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Athena Inn

Address: 2201 Park Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37421-2598 (Formerly GuestHouse Inn Chattanooga Hamilton Place)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Ranked #52 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Price Range: $60 - $70 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Athena Inn 2.5*
The hotel is located at TN largest Hamilton Place Mall area, the hotel is just 3 miles from the Chattanooga Airport, and the Hamilton Place Mall and 45 Restaurants within 1 Mile. The perfect place to stay when visiting the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Southern Adventist University, as well as local tourist spots, including the Riverfront Parkway and Tennessee, Ruby Falls, Rock City, Aquarium, all within 15 miles of the Athena Inn. Expect a relaxing stay at the pet-friendly Athena Inn, with their comfortably furnished all new guest rooms and free continental breakfast. All rooms include Refrigerator, Microwave, 50 inch Tv with all HD channels with multiple HBO. Free WIFI, Free Guest Parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Athena Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Guesthouse International Inn Hamilton Place Mall Hotel Chattanooga