“Worst hotel stay ever”

Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #55 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Entire hotel reeks of cigarette smoke, even though1st floor is supposed to be "non-smoking". Constantaly heard dripping from air conditioner upstairs throughout the night. We definitely got what we paid for and will absolutely recommend against staying here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 19, 2010

We booked directly with the sales manager and because we were traveling with a group, we received a decent rate of just under $50. The manager was able to accommodate our group of 9 families with less than one week's notice and the cancellation policy was generous. Overall, I was satisfied . The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast spread was adequate, and the beds were comfortable. The only cons were the scratchy sheets (polyester blend and low thread count), the bathroom had some discolored grout, and the lack of elevator. Additionally, the indoor pool closed at 9pm which I feel is a little early. This is not the poshest place in Chattanooga, but if you are just looking for a place to sleep it will do.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2010

We selected this hotel as it was one of the few in area w/ an indoor pool. There is a pool....i wouldnt suggest getting in it but there is a pool. The dirt and grime is so thick around the tile of the pool enterprising past guests have left "colorful" suggestions on how to pass the time scratched into the film. Note: All those words you do not want your child to say? Yeah guess what they are all sound out-able...not a silent letter in the bunch... We were in pool for about 5 minutes when we noticed and got out to go shower. As the hallways are filled with roving groups on 19-21 yr olds quiet wasn't in the game plan. Also it seems super 8 only means one type of "smoking" when applying the No Smoking clause. Gotta remember to send a Thank you to Super 8 for getting the oppurtunity to have another don't do drugs cause not only is it illegal and a poor choice it quite literally stinks to high (har-dee-har) heaven. Front desk reply to every issue "What do you want me to do about it?"

Oh and the duct tape from previous reviews is still the choice carpeting for the stairway

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Checked in with very nice front desk clerk. All they had left was rooms on second floor and no elevator. When I started up the stairs, I thought I made a big mistake. The carpet was worn so bad that they patched it with duct tape.

The room was acceptable, breakfast was minimal (but what do you expect for $40/night.) They indoor pool was a bit to chilly for my liking. Overall I stayed an additional night because I didn't want to take a chance somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Good stay , nice break fast , nice clean rooms . Great stay

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed June 20, 2009

You get what you pay for at this Super 8. It is clean, mostly quiet, and close to the interstate. Hamilton Place Mall is nearby for nice places to eat. A Cracker Barrel and Applebee's are literally across the street.

If you need all the amenities of other hotels, don't stay here. If you just need a room to sleep in and check your e-mail, this works fine.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank elcid89tn
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Do not book this hotel through any site. I booked directly with the hotel. I personally called them as I needed specific rooms. Called them 3 times to verify, gave them my credit card and received a confrimation. When I showed up with my confirmation I was informed one of my rooms had been given away and they would send me to their other hotel (red roof inn). As there were several different sporting events, I couldn't find another hotel so I had to stay and the urine stayed Red Roof with no pool, no breakfast, no iron, no frig no nothing except a terrible smell. This particular Super 8 is not Corporate owned and per the staff at the Red Roof they always overbook the Super 8 and then send the travelers to the Red Roof. What a downgrade. The Red Roof staff was nice but the Super 8 staff could have cared less. They were rude and said well I didn't do it. It doesn't matter who did it, it is apparently their policy to over book the hotel so the owner can fill up his much cheaper, dirtier hotel for the same price. There were several other people that ended up at the Red Roof with me who booked the Super 8.
You have been worned do not book this hotel especially if there is alot going on in Chattanooga or you may end up at the Red Roof where there were 2 police cars and ambulance when we pulled in.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family