“Traveler Be Ware. Do not book this hotel or you may stay at Red Roof”

Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Do not book this hotel through any site. I booked directly with the hotel. I personally called them as I needed specific rooms. Called them 3 times to verify, gave them my credit card and received a confrimation. When I showed up with my confirmation I was informed one of my rooms had been given away and they would send me to their other hotel (red roof inn). As there were several different sporting events, I couldn't find another hotel so I had to stay and the urine stayed Red Roof with no pool, no breakfast, no iron, no frig no nothing except a terrible smell. This particular Super 8 is not Corporate owned and per the staff at the Red Roof they always overbook the Super 8 and then send the travelers to the Red Roof. What a downgrade. The Red Roof staff was nice but the Super 8 staff could have cared less. They were rude and said well I didn't do it. It doesn't matter who did it, it is apparently their policy to over book the hotel so the owner can fill up his much cheaper, dirtier hotel for the same price. There were several other people that ended up at the Red Roof with me who booked the Super 8.
You have been worned do not book this hotel especially if there is alot going on in Chattanooga or you may end up at the Red Roof where there were 2 police cars and ambulance when we pulled in.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 16, 2008

we stayed two nights at this hotel and we are very dissapointed. I have stayed at super 8 hotels in the past and this one was by far the worst. The staff there was not friendly and they couldn't or didn't even make coffee with the free continental breakfast. The coffee maker in our room didn't work. One of the beds broke in our son's room. We all got bit by fleas or something. We stayed on the second floor and their was no elevator. The hallways had the wall paper peeling off on the bottom near the floor. And if thats not bad enough, our room was not clean to start with. I realize that this is not susposed to be the " ritz" but this was not a pleasant stay and I would reccomend staying elsewhere when visting chattanooga.The drink machines were also empty when we got there and when we left.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Stopping over on relocation road trip. Enough parking space for oversized UHAUL 17' Moving Van. Room is clean, Wireless internett access works well as I type this from the room. Has pool, ok enough breakfast with juice, cereal, and muffins, not great but will suffice. Nice location within walking distance to Restaurants. Across the street from a nice Church, and what appears to be a safe neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Stayed in Room 108 as stop of road trip. On skirts of town. Has indoor swimming pool.
Efficent staff on check in, although didnt seem overly interested.
Good standard room.
The motel was right in among the resturants - very convenient. Very close to Hamilton PLace mall; the largest in Tennessee. Also close to Ruby Falls and Lookout Mtn.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank nickss1
Reviewed October 27, 2007

We booked the hotel thinking it was Holiday Inn Express... however you should note it has recently been converted into a Super 8, which was a good thing for us. For about $80/night, we had a comfortable room with nothing to complain about, definitely not your average Super 8 room. If you're looking to book a hotel on a tight budget, this is the one you should pick. Note that it can be hard to find, however, and don't expect any great views from your window- a concrete wall on one side and the backs of other hotels on the other side.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cs92
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I was unlucky to get this hotel off hotwire. Our cheap old toilet seat was gross. It was stained yellow. It would appear like it would cost $10 to replace the flimsy thing. There were ash trays in a nonsmoking room and ashes on the floor. Opon check in the desk clerk assured us it was a non smoking room. There were several other things that were horrible but just read the other reviews. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn because of my experience.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leehaze
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Do not stay at this property! I made a last minute reservation for our one year anniversary at this hotel (because all of the ones downtown were full). We arrived late (1 AM), checked in, and made the trek up the dark, hot stairwell to our 2nd floor room. As my wife normally does, she was getting ready to place her valuables in the nightstand drawer next to the bed. To our amazement, there was a condom package (used by the previous hourly tenant, no doubt) in the drawer. We tried to sleep, but the only thought was if that was in the drawer, it was probably used on the leaning, hard bed! For the next 30 minutes we called other hotels to no avail. At 2 AM we're riding around the area finding another hotel. We checked in the Wyngate Hotel (rated in the top five on this site, and worthy of the ranking), and returned to the other to get our belongings. The night manager was polite and helpful, giving me the cell number to the general manager and telling me that they would not charge for that night. I returned the next day to be sure that my card wasn't charged (the night manager wasn't sure) to find the manager not there (he also didn't answer his cell phone, as the flyer on the desk leads you to believe he does). The girl at the counter informed me that I would have to pay for half the night since we were there for more than an hour. Then she tells me that my card wasn't charged, but that I would still have to pay for half the price. I was starting to get very aggravated and ready to call my card company to protest the charge. My card ended up not charged, and the girl finally agreed that I wouldn't pay. I guess she thought we were their normal type of customer that just came from the strip club with more than they went in with! She was very unapologetic and acted as if I were lying. I made sure to tell every hotel we stopped at or called why we were trying to find something else. Holiday Inn should yank their name from this hotel, the city should shut it down. Everything was dirty, stained (from you can guess what). A blacklight would bust if turned on in the room we were assigned. Pay the extra 20 bucks and stay at the Wyngate, or the Choo Choo downtown (for that matter, just about anywhere but here)!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank volsfan91