“Good service”

Ranked #51 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Maynard, MA
“Good service”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was staying here because I was attending an event at a more expensive hotel down the street. I made use of a three-night stay discount, so it was only about $50/night. In most respects, it was a typical Super 8, which I find to be a good value for a budget traveler. Noteworthy was that if I turned off the air conditioning, the highway noise was very noticeable and the breakfast juice machine broke down one morning. However, the manager was able to fix the machine by the time I finished breakfast.

What made the difference for this hotel was the service. To avoid a hefty baggage fee at the airport, I decided to take my luggage in as carry-on. TSA, however, tossed a couple of toiletries. I arrived at the hotel without a car and asked the from desk if a drug store was within walking distance. There was none, but a staff member made sure that a replacement was there at the front desk in the morning, for free. This is what I'll always remember about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank hootondd
mike2473, General Manager at Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking time to write about your experience with us. We strive to make every guest experience the best it can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed the first of my 3 weeks last week at this Super 8 and they were excellent. They helped me find things around the city, because I started a new job there and did not know anything about it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great place at a great price.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and it was easy for me to get in and out to get to work on time.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dubdub50
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking your precious time to write a review about our hotel. My staff is thrilled with this review and we are so appreciative of your comments.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This Super 8 is not good when ranked next to other Super 8s we have stayed at. The bathroom has dirty tile and the hall carpet is pathetically dirty. The breakfast is simple, but has waffles and fruit. The friendly foreign owner has a large hotel on his hands, with few guests, so I have to give him credit for the hotel being as good as it is for the low income he has.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mike2473, General Manager at Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Guest Review regarding your recent stay at Super 8 Hamilton Place Chattanooga. We apologize for the bathroom not been up to standard. I will address this issue with my housekeeping department. Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your hotel experience. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Cherry Valley Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from the south. The room was clean, easily accessible, and well equipped. THe indoor pool was soothing after 12 hours on the road. Staff were quite laid back- maybe a bit too much so. The breakfast featured fresh fruit- a highlight.
For the price it is an excellent overnight stopover.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mike2473, General Manager at Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Guest Review regarding your recent stay at Super 8 Hamilton Place Chattanooga. We are so appreciative of your comments regarding your hotel experience. Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your hotel experience. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
LONG BEACH
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Checked in at 9pm and there was no one at the front desk for about 10 mins. When he got back, he was not friendly or helpful. ( Although the desk person in the morning was friendly)
Not a very good breakfast selection the coffee was terrible.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

mike2473, General Manager at Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Guest Review regarding your recent stay at Super 8 Hamilton Place Chattanooga. We apologize for any in convince during your Check In and sorry our coffee did not meet you expectation. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable room. Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your hotel experience. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.