“OK motel as 'stop off' on road trip”

Super 8 Chattanooga/Hamilton Place
Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Stayed in Room 108 as stop of road trip. On skirts of town. Has indoor swimming pool.
Efficent staff on check in, although didnt seem overly interested.
Good standard room.
The motel was right in among the resturants - very convenient. Very close to Hamilton PLace mall; the largest in Tennessee. Also close to Ruby Falls and Lookout Mtn.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank nickss1

Reviewed October 27, 2007

We booked the hotel thinking it was Holiday Inn Express... however you should note it has recently been converted into a Super 8, which was a good thing for us. For about $80/night, we had a comfortable room with nothing to complain about, definitely not your average Super 8 room. If you're looking to book a hotel on a tight budget, this is the one you should pick. Note that it can be hard to find, however, and don't expect any great views from your window- a concrete wall on one side and the backs of other hotels on the other side.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cs92
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I was unlucky to get this hotel off hotwire. Our cheap old toilet seat was gross. It was stained yellow. It would appear like it would cost $10 to replace the flimsy thing. There were ash trays in a nonsmoking room and ashes on the floor. Opon check in the desk clerk assured us it was a non smoking room. There were several other things that were horrible but just read the other reviews. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn because of my experience.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leehaze
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Do not stay at this property! I made a last minute reservation for our one year anniversary at this hotel (because all of the ones downtown were full). We arrived late (1 AM), checked in, and made the trek up the dark, hot stairwell to our 2nd floor room. As my wife normally does, she was getting ready to place her valuables in the nightstand drawer next to the bed. To our amazement, there was a condom package (used by the previous hourly tenant, no doubt) in the drawer. We tried to sleep, but the only thought was if that was in the drawer, it was probably used on the leaning, hard bed! For the next 30 minutes we called other hotels to no avail. At 2 AM we're riding around the area finding another hotel. We checked in the Wyngate Hotel (rated in the top five on this site, and worthy of the ranking), and returned to the other to get our belongings. The night manager was polite and helpful, giving me the cell number to the general manager and telling me that they would not charge for that night. I returned the next day to be sure that my card wasn't charged (the night manager wasn't sure) to find the manager not there (he also didn't answer his cell phone, as the flyer on the desk leads you to believe he does). The girl at the counter informed me that I would have to pay for half the night since we were there for more than an hour. Then she tells me that my card wasn't charged, but that I would still have to pay for half the price. I was starting to get very aggravated and ready to call my card company to protest the charge. My card ended up not charged, and the girl finally agreed that I wouldn't pay. I guess she thought we were their normal type of customer that just came from the strip club with more than they went in with! She was very unapologetic and acted as if I were lying. I made sure to tell every hotel we stopped at or called why we were trying to find something else. Holiday Inn should yank their name from this hotel, the city should shut it down. Everything was dirty, stained (from you can guess what). A blacklight would bust if turned on in the room we were assigned. Pay the extra 20 bucks and stay at the Wyngate, or the Choo Choo downtown (for that matter, just about anywhere but here)!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank volsfan91
Reviewed April 6, 2006

Just got back from a business trip and while the staff tries hard, the hotel is old and feels it. I couldn't get their wireless internet connection to work so I had to use the Holiday Inn next door for wireless. There are about 6 hotels all in the same area. It does have an indoor (small) pool if you have children but for busines travel skip this one.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank FrqTravlr
Reviewed March 20, 2006

This hotel is not even close to the standard that you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. It is in poor repair and was very dirty. The floor of our room yeilded peanuts and a tooth paste cap from the previous guest. The pool water was cloudy with two very large bugs at the bottom - needless to say, we did not get close enough to identify them! The breakfast offering was not your usual Holiday Inn fare. At 8:00 am it was limited to a single selection of a pre-packaged muffin, juice and cereal. When I inquired about the advertised hot breakfast, I was informed that it was the packaged grits and oatmeal. The staff were not pleasant and were clearly unhappy with their lot - I can hardly blame them.

Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank CharOntario
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 26, 2005

When I intially called to book our room the staff was VERY rude and they were not very helpful either. Once we got there they were nice but god only knows if they were the same peopleI spoke to on the phone.
We had to stay here with our 4 month old for only 2 days. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had an elevator and if coffee actually came with the coffee maker and if the beds weren't harder than cement. You know how you have a ton of stuff when you travel with kids? Well you do and the last thing we wanted to do was carry this stuff up stairs but we had to. Then when I went to make coffee in the room there was no coffee and the pot handle on the coffee maker was broken. The beds couldn't have been any harder either. The only good part, they had a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. That was the only promising thing especially for our baby bottles.

• Stayed: October 2005