“great place to stay”

Ranked #46 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Crossville, Tennessee
“great place to stay”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We had trouble with one of the booking services but Daneen at the desk went over and beyond to help us out and we appreciated that so much. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was really good. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank allisonabby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I try to find positives and outside of the very friendly woman that checked me in I am without praise. The area has a lot of hotels clustered all nearby but for some reason the sketchy types are wandering around this property. The parking lot is not very well lit and will be less than surprised to have the car broken into overnight. The room is O L D and pretty depressing. Old furniture and nasty carpets. The bed is more of a bowl than a bed. You are forced into the middle with no escape. Linens are relatively new and clean but I can't wait to check out of here in the morning. Just a really bad LQI. Sorry, just being honest...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We were traveling back from Nashvile to Atlanta but had a early morning meeting in Chattangoona so at last minute decided to stay here... We arrived around 10PM and and was greated by checking clerk (Deanne) I believe her name was she very very nice.... Gave us a room quickly... Room was clean however yes the bathrooms are not updated but it was clean, had nice new TV however we were alseep in no time. Got up and had a quick free breakfast actually thought it was good considering this is not a large hotel.... Free Wifi too The oost was around $60 per night....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsGeorgiaPeach
Bryson City, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stay here in January of each year while attending a conference. Good value. We require pet friendly and this hotel is, at no extra charge. Rooms are clean, friendly helpful staff. Room had microwave and fridge. No problems.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I'll start with the good - there was Wi-Fi and a little fridge. The bad - The room was not as clean as I thought it would be. The bathroom was awful. The bathtub was scummy looking (I wouldn't dare give my kids a bath in it) and when I took a shower, I was standing in water up to my ankles because it wasn't draining. There were no toiletries except for a bar of soap by the sink. The towels for the bathroom were tiny - slightly bigger than handtowels and they didn't smell clean. The room smelled like stale smoke and the decor was outdated. The channels available on the tv were very limited with none for kids. I was under the impression it was a hotel. For the price we paid, I certainly expected more. For $30 more I could have stayed at a Doubletree. Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
marseilles, IL
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Pictures are pretty true, but rooms are much smaller than they appear. But was a nice hotel and very nice people. Pet friendly for sure, there were dogs everywhere. Hotel was very close to highway and easy to find. Lots of stuff to do in the area, even though it was just a stop for us on our way to Florida.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We stayed in this motel for one night on our way to Florida. For an overnight stay when you're on the road this place is perfect. Clean enough for one night's comfort, room in good shape, good bed, wireless internet, etc. Thankfully, we experienced none of the problems some other supposedly did (and we're fairly picky as well). And, I got the room on the internet for a paltry $45. In the past, I've paid $75 or more for similar rooms at other chains.

On the down side - the rooms, while clean enough for general comfort, may not be up to the standards of clean freaks who search for perfection in a room that costs under $50. Also, the room we had was small. Not Microtel small, but not too much larger than that. I did also have to crawl under the desk to plug my laptop in - it would be nice to have an outlet at desk level.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple