“Can't beat the value”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was here for just one night, but me and my 3 other friends were quite comfortable in our room. Even after taxes we paid less than $50, which was great value for one night, especially with free breakfast. Very clean, no frills, what I've come to expect from La Quinta. Nothing fancy, so don't expect such. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 4, 2009

This hotel was very clean, the room was in perfect order. For the price we paid (about $45 tax included), this was an ideal hotel for a one night stay. A pipe burst in our apartment so we needed a place to sleep (that had hot water and internet, nothing fancy) so we booked this La Quinta.

We have been fans of La Quinta since before the merger with Baymont and the Blackstone buyout. What Blackstone has done with La Quinta (standardizing amenities, and updating to a bright contemporary look) is just amazing.

We had a good short night there and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. All of the staff were friendly and helpful in planning an evening out to get away from a flooded apartment.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 4, 2009

At check-in there was only one person working, who was on the phone trying to check in a line of people that was out the door. Also we were getting ready to leave to sightsee that morning, and noticed housekeeping on our floor, but when we returned from a full day of being out (9am-7pm) we came back to a room uncleaned. We notified the front desk and she said "really", well you can come to the front desk and pick up some towels. When my husband got to the front desk they told him they did not have any face towels. I was mad to say the least. Being a holiday weekend, we understood that fireworks were part of the holiday but not right in front of our door. We once again notified the front desk and we were told "Well it is the fourth of july but I will try to get someone around there." The worst stay ever, from the unclean room to the staff especially the front desk and the missing in action housekeeping.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2009

There was a room mix up- we had reserved a non-smoking room. We were put in a smoking room. The bathroom was not at the level it should be and had obviously not been cleaned thoroughly. There were open shampoo bottles in the shower- the seat had something sticky- I cleaned it before using- the water preassure was lacking. not to mention for a flush- you had to attempt this multiple times- for something as simple as a tissue. The A/C was poor- it finally cooled down in the room about 1 am.
Calls to the front desk remained unanswered. it was late- I wasnt going looking for anyone.
All of this was brought to the attention of the staff at check out- I was advised, there is only 1 person at the desk at night- I should have come down to the office.
They did make a $20 adjustment to the rate- but the poor attitude that went with it indicated they were doing me a favor.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I booked the LaQuinta using tripfinder.com and chose it based on the relatively low rate and advertisement of a continental breakfast. The location was about 12 miles from Lookout Mountain/downtown Chattanooga, which is why we were in town, but it was all highway and smooth traveling. The location is near a mall and other shopping. The hotel looked new to me and according to the front desk clerk, they had done some recent renovations. This was a good plan because they are located behind a new(ish) Holiday Inn. The room was adequate and had nice free soap. The only bad part for me was the continental breakfast because we were there Easter weekend and it was overrun with kids and the food was picked over. But they did have pretty much everything out they had advertised.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natalya1299
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Last minute call to Hotwire resulted in this 2 1/2 star stay, I would rate this place 1 1/2 star at best. The property is tucked in behind a Hampton Inn like the ugly little stepchild and everything fits that image. The 1st room we were given had only 1 bed, we requested 2 and told this was all that they had available, they did appear to be full, luckily a quest cancelled and we got the 2 bed room we requested. The room we received appeared to be clean, after getting in bed I noticed on the sheets little black hairs, I do not have any hair, the pillows also had an odor to them, I am quite sure that the linens had not been changed from a previous stay. 1st ever stay at a La Quinta and probably the last.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed January 28, 2009

On my way home from Biloxi, MS back to PA after a 6 week military assignment, I stopped at the La Quinta for a night's stay. I stopped at the TN Welcome Center, picked up some coupons for a $35 a night rate, and bam, just like that I was easily checked in and got an upstairs room with 2 queen beds. I had my cat that I had adopted while in MS in the room with me, and that was fine with them, didn't even charge me for her! She seemed to love the room (esp after the 8 hour drive confined in a carrier), and I had no complaints, the TV worked fine, the sink was spotless, had all expected amenities, bathroom was clean, shower had GREAT pressure, and plenty of room to store things. Only thing I didn't like was the Clampett family two rooms down that had like 11 kids with them, running around outside til 11 at night. A quick word with them, and that stopped though. For an 12 hour stay, it was more than sufficient, particularly at the price I paid. I wouldn't say it was the Ritz, but i would return again. Excellent Wendy's right next door to the place for dinner, too.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business