“Not The Same”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Not The Same”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times in the past. I havent stayed there in 10 yrs because we have been flying to Florida. I booked our room online for the way down and back because it is halfway to our destination. Plus we really love the area!

This trip took us longer to get there, but no problems with check in. I asked for non smoking and she said all rooms are non smoking. When we got to our room it smelled of smoke. My son was too tired to change rooms, so we stayed. I hoped our room on the way back would clearly be a non smoking room.

The rooms have been updated. They are very nice, and my son was very impressed with the usb/power port. The beds were very comfortable. The problem is that this hotel does fill up at spring break. It is very noisy and there was 1 inch gap at the bottom of the door that lets in all the noise. I had to report a group of teen agers hanging out running all around the 2nd floor.

The trip the way back was less than pleasant. The our room was directly above the stairs,which really wasn't a problem, the problem was the bunch of men, in their 20,'s 30,'s 40' s and older hanging out in the parking area and by the first floor rooms. I did not feel safe. All night long I did't really hear them, but all heard all night was the sound of various car alarms going off all over the parking lot. I couldn't sleep for fear smomething would happen to my car and we would be stranded 660 miles from home!

We will never stay here again. The area around this hotel and the other hotels that back up parking lots does not seem very safe.

The best part was the bed was comfortable and the room very updated. Other than that I would not risk my life, nor my children's lives to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get an inside room. I think you will feel more safe.
3 Thank Katkari2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I started in the hotel while visiting Chattanooga, Tn for 4 days. The rates are what caught our eye on this hotel. It was about half of the price add the LA Quinta downtown. However, there was much more to enjoy about this location. Located in Hamilton Place, a suberb of Chattanooga, it was just a short 5-10 minute drive to downtown. There were plenty of eateries, shops, and even a mask within walking distance. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff were support friendly and helpful with any questions or needs that we had. It is an inexpensive, clean hotel to stay at when visiting the Chattanooga area!!!! We are actually planning another trip there this summer and will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We are repeat guests, LaQuinta Returns loyalists. We have stayed at this LQ property many times. The shower water is room-temperature at best. Not even Luke-warm. LQ Corporate management or someone needs to fix this or risk losing their LQ flag. Either that or they'll lose guests to any of the dozen plus other nearby properties. I understand this property books up on a regular basis. Now the good: reasonable rates, VERY clean rooms, great wifi, and the best Front Desk Staff/Night Auditor in the Tennessee River Valley. They are always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate repeat guests. It's just the infrastructure of this older property needs some TLC.

Room Tip: Consider staying at the nearby Hilton/Hampton/Microtel/Marriott/Red Roof if you require a hot shower...
2 Thank Joe R

Travelers are raving about these Chattanooga hotels

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this La Quinta once before several years ago, and while I remember it seemed to be a bit dated, it was clean and well-kept. After spending the weekend here, everything that can go in our washing machine will do so because it all reeks of smoke. If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, it's a decent enough place to stay. The rooms are a bit small but the beds are comfy. The lobby is one of the smallest of any La Quinta I've ever stayed at, so if you are partaking of the free breakfast, tables are scarce. As others have noted, there are few places to tend to a dog's outdoor needs. If you are traveling with a pet, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

This La Quinta needs some updating and better separation between smoking and non-smoking rooms. I'd rate it higher but for the smoke issue.

Room Tip: If you prefer to not stay at hotels with outside entrances to the room, don't stay here.
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have always been satisfied with La Quinta Inn's in many cities, however this La Quinta is not one of them. My suggestion is to spend a little more for safety, especially if you have children or animals. We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida and although it was sold out, the obvious criminal activity was not from travelers but from locals that either frequent the hotel or loiter there. The hotel is noisy and dirty. I will never stay at a La Quinta with outside
hallways again. Spend a little extra for inside doorways and you will be much happier and safer.

3 Thank yogalinda
East Tennessee
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is an older motel. The room are outside entry. The first problem we had was when we tried to enter the room the first time. The door showed a green light, but I couldn't get it open. I tried 3 more times (using the key card each time) and finally my husband and to push into it with his shoulder to get the door open! At other times it was fine, but several times it stuck so hard he had to really shove into it to get it open. Another problem with the door was that several times when we entered, it would auto lock before it shut and we would have to use the key card, while the door was open, to unlock it again so it could shut :/ The other problem we had was that the refrigerator didn't work. This was not known until 11:00pm when my bottle of coke was still not cold....no point calling the desk because they couldn't have done anything about it at that point, so I drank warm coke. I brought these things to the attention of the desk attendant when we checked out and they thanked me, did not apologize or offer a small partial refund...which I think I should have received. On the good side, the room was very clean. I'm not sure if I would stay there again.....probably not, but it is pet friendly so sometimes you take what you can get.