“Very Satisfied”

La Quinta Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our softball team is in town playing a college showcase. We could not find any hotels with high ratings that had enough room so we settled for here.... Ohhhh it is DIRTY to say the least. Check in was easy & the lady that helped us was friendly.

Upon walking in the room I though oh ok it isn't bad. I went to check the bathroom as always. The toilet was not clean and the tub was gross! I called down to the front desk and she said she would send someone up right away. So a lady walks in and immediatly states " oh all I do is vacuum our housecleaning staff isn't here today". Holy crap WHAT???????? So she proceeds to clean the bathroom with a non bleach product. Let me assure you it needs bleach A LOT OF BLEACH! She did a half assed job so needless to say when she left the room we cleaned the bathroom. If there were other rooms in this city we would have moved!

The beds we clean & very comfortable. Flat screen tvs nice as well.

The walls are paper thin! At 5am some bus drivers practiced parking in the parking lot so all we here is beep beep (the reverse tone on the bus). For approximately 1 hour. Finally one of our group members went out and asked him what the hell he was doing and to ask how hard is it to park the bus. He finally quit!

To top it all off apparently there is a dog show in town so people left their crated dogs in the trucks so they barked all night. Seriously we hated this hotel. It is run down. Not sure what is newly renovated as they stated (unless they mean the beds & tv's).

The stairwells are filthy & covered in cobwebs & dead bugs.

By far this is the low end La Quinta. Many other hotels in the area to choose from if you can book early enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank suzanne326
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The first impression is not the best, the premises appear rather old and worn out. However the check-in was super fast and friendly, got exactly the type of room I had requested in the reservation. The room was, contrary to the outside appearance, very nice and in good shape, even though it was showing its age. It was comfortable and clean, I didn't notice any stains anywhere and I did not find any furniture to be in need of immediate replacement. I had experienced much worse room in much more expensive hotels. It was cold, so we activated the heating on the A/C and it worked well, without any unpleasant smells. The breakfast in the morning is also the usual LQ. For a room rate below 40$ I got a lot. If you just need a place to stay overnight, this is a very good option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Front Royal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Exterior looked a little unkempt but the room was extremely nice. The king size bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and I have stayed in some nice hotels.
The bathroom was very spacious...ladies would definitely appreciate!!!!
The staff was very warm and welcoming, it is very convenient to many great restaurants and attractions.
It was recommended to me and I gladly pass along the recommendation.
ENJOY!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Torrance CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is an older two-story La Quinta hiding in back of a newer hotel, which I mistakenly tried to check into. It is motel style, where I could park right outside my door, which faced the parking lot. The room is a bit shopworn, but clean and everything worked at least pretty well. The beds were very soft when I landed on them, but I slept well each night. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator, which many La Quintas do not. The lobby and breakfast room and overall appearance are not as fancy as others, but I had no gripes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

There is just not much to like about this hotel. Outside doors, not very clean, and very very worn. The shades to our room had really bad spots on them. The sink counter had stains that could not be cleaned. The shower was in desperate need of being replaced or reconditioned. The surface of it is well beyond cleaning or simple repair. The staff is not much better. I attempted to get a wake up call no one would answer, I walked up to the front desk and found the desk worker outside smoking. My daughter attempted to get a cup of apple juice at 6:30 on Saturday and was told no that breakfast was not served until 7. Seemed a bit nuts since everything was set up already and we were not asking for food. I guess a cup of juice is worth not having a customer again. For $53 a night not sure if I'd do it again, there are a lot of reasons not to stay here and I can only think of one reason to stay. The location is close to the mall and food. Spend the extra $20 and stay at a nicer place. This is my second time at a La Quinta just not sure about the chain. Seems very hit and miss. Beds were clean and web was free and good, it always shocks me that places like this can provide strong free web service but Embassy Suites has to charge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family