“Cheap Motel”

Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Cheap Motel”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a motel, it has the doors on the outside. The doors have a huge gap so daylight comes thru them. The carpeting in old and frayed. The bed is fine. This is not a place for quit nights rest, you can hear what people are saying in all parts of the motel. The most disgusting part of my stay was the bathtub, it has dirt imbedded into the floor. I never tried their breakfast. The pool is not very inviting. The only good thong I can say is the folks at the front desk are very pleasant. Keep on looking, do not stay here. The reviews are right on the money.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hector L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
birmingham
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at many La Quinta Inn's all over, so we were a little suprised at the conditions. I will first say this really is a motel (your door opens to the outside) and not a hotel ( where your door opens to to a hallway inside). There is not a microwave or mini frig in the room. You did have access to a icemaker downstairs by the pool. The bathtub in our room was stained and there was some left over hair from the previous guests on the tile floor and in the tub. There was a coffee maker in the room. However, on our first night we noticed that all the supplies were missing to make the coffee. It was fixed the next day when room service came. The carpets probably need to be cleaned or replaced as they had multiple stains.

The other things that made it a horrible stay was the fact that there were alot of guests that were a group but in multiple rooms that were very loud (slamming doors, running up and down stairs and talking loud right outside te rooms) into the wee hours of the morning. We did complain to the front desk at the beginning of our night 2 but were told that the police had been called. I will say night 2 just as bad as the first.

1 Thank JJ6709
michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was an unpleasant stay from the check-in on. We arrived late in the evening after a 10 hour drive only to be kept waiting by the front desk clerk who was having a long drawn out conversation with another guest, (probably about ten minutes) by the time she got to me there was a line of 4 or 5 people behind me. When we got to our room we were dismayed by the condition of the room. The carpet was filthy with big black stains, the curtains were stained and in very poor condition, and the tile floor in the bathroom area was kind of sticky and not very clean. I went to the front desk to request another room, but the clerk said that they were full, and that nothing else was available. Since it was late and we were exhausted, we stayed the night, but will never make that mistake again. This was our first experience with La Quinta, and if we based our opinion on this particular property, we would never stay at another La Quinta again. We had however, prebooked another room in Tipp City, OH on this trip which was very nice. It is a shame that LaQuinta allows properties like the one on Shallowford Rd to operate, it makes it really difficult to have confidence in the brand.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I and our 2 year old son made online reservations to stay at this hotel for the weekend. We usually have had great experiences with La Quinta Inns and so we were caught of guard when we walked into our room. The first thing we noticed was the awful smell of cigarette smoke. Now to be fair the website didn't ask if I wanted smoking or non and we knew it was a booked weekend because the girl at the front desk made sure we were aware of how busy she was. Second thing we noticed was that the king size bed with a microwave and refrigerator room that I reserved was actually a queen bed with no refrigerator or microwave. Now usually I wouldn't care but we had brought food and milk for my son and needed to keep it from going bad considering how hot it was outside. We also noticed that there were stains all over the bed sheets and the curtains had a tear that was fixed with clear packing tape (classy!) We called the front desk and explained the situation and they were nice enough to cancel our room (we were only in it for 15 mins) and we left and stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites and had a GREAT weekend.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Me n my bf and his dad traveled across the country so we stayed at la quinta on the way..all other locations were fine except for this particular location on 21st street in chattanooga. The staff was friendly except for one..the place is horrible compare to others, the carpet still had the stain n i saw some reviews months ago abt this too..but the IMPORTANT thing for this review is BED BUGS..they might say that they dont have or we might carry them from different location..but NO..we were so fine untill we stayed here..my bf got bitten on his legs up to his back on the first night there...so on the second night..myself got bitten and his dad from the other room got bitten too..so on the 3rd day we checked out..holy cow..those bites got so much bigger n so itchy..we tried to call their office to see if they have any complaint abt bed bugs before but they didnt even pick up the phone..i just hope they will clean those rooms a lil bit better bc i cant imagine if kids get bite..chattanooga is a nice town..just not those bites :((

• Stayed June 2012
Hebron, Kentucky
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stopped at this LaQuinta on Shallowford Road on our way back from Florida. When we checked in and went to our room, one of the beds was not made, it stunk and the carpets were dirty, very small room. I called the front desk and they moved us to another room. This room was even worse. The air conditioning did not work well, the shower had duct tape over a hole, the room stunk. There were very loud and messy people at the people. I could hear them in my room with the door shut and the air and t.v. on. After we returned from dinner. We took our two boys to the pool, as the people that were there earlier were gone, but they left a mess at the pool as well as a mess in the pool. My sons told me there was poop in the pool. I made them get out immediately and went in to the office to tell someone. She came out and looked in the pool and then talked to another guest for about 15 mins before going back in and came out with a net to fish the poop out. I went to speak with her and she said the maintenance guy was gone for the day so they had to wait for him to come and shock the pool. She then told the other guests to get out, after they had been swimming in poop for who knows how long. That night, I was woken up several times by guests pounding on other guest room doors at all hours of the night. I will never ever stay here again. It is old and run down!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, old and dirty!
1 Thank lisag72762